Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

help

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 1679

PostSubject: help    Sun 20 Jul 2014, 12:08 am

Wiley has just ran into the house with a hedgehog we told him to get out and we managed to get him to drop it in the garden i dont think it was injured ? he was just carrying it like a ball , he was a good boy as he dropped on command after a couple of times telling him , jason put it back in the garden but then i looked on the net and it says we should of put it in a box and taken it to a vet ? weve tried to look for it again but its gone

also will wiley be ok ? i know there ridden with fleas but he was only flead last week
Back to top Go down
rockromantic
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 708

PostSubject: Re: help    Sun 20 Jul 2014, 7:20 am

Is give him a bath and a good brush :)
Back to top Go down
Sandi
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 15686

PostSubject: Re: help    Sun 20 Jul 2014, 9:07 am

Hedgehog has probably scurried off somewhere and will be fine they are always being picked up. If he was all rolled up he should be fine.

He and you won't catch fleas, most hedgehog fleas are host specific and need the hedgehog.

Something to look out for though are prickles in Wiley's gums, make sure he does not have any splinters still in him, looking right up at the top of his teeth all round. If there are any pin pricks make sure they are not bleeding - mouth heals very quickly so you should find there are no signs today. Also check his muzle area as he may have been prodding before picking up the hedgehog.

Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31832

PostSubject: Re: help    Sun 20 Jul 2014, 9:09 am

If the hedgehog managed to walk away the. I would imagine it's OK? They are very well protected when they go into a ball but on the downside they are renowned for being covered in fleas. However hedgehog fleas won't live on the dogs so you should be OK

Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: help    Sun 20 Jul 2014, 9:35 am

rockromantic wrote:
Is give him a bath and a good brush :)

Hes having a bath right now , but thats because hes just rolled in something utterly disgusting on the park LOL
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: help    Sun 20 Jul 2014, 9:36 am

lol! 

Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: help    Sun 20 Jul 2014, 9:37 am

Sandi wrote:
Hedgehog has probably scurried off somewhere and will be fine they are always being picked up.  If he was all rolled up he should be fine.

He and you won't catch fleas, most hedgehog fleas are host specific and need the hedgehog.

Something to look out for though are prickles in Wiley's gums, make sure he does not have any splinters still in him, looking right up at the top of his teeth all round.  If there are any pin pricks make sure they are not bleeding - mouth heals very quickly so you should find there are no signs today.  Also check his muzle area as he may have been prodding before picking up the hedgehog.

i will try and look at his gums , he doesnt like me messing with his mouth , he was abit funny last night and restless with his mouth , he wouldnt settle in his bed so i allowed him to stay on our bed and i could hear him messing with his mouth but he seems ok today
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 23354

PostSubject: Re: help    Sun 20 Jul 2014, 9:52 am

Awwww bless them both. Rocco did this once and although he had a few little spike fits on his muzzle, both hedgehog and pooch were fine.

As mentioned just checked his gums.
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: help    Sun 20 Jul 2014, 9:43 pm

How is he tonight Mandy?

Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: help    Sun 20 Jul 2014, 9:46 pm

hes ok , hes just been out for a walk , will have to watch him next time he goes in the garden that time of night , hes never normally out at that time , its just we was late up as jason had to pick our daughter up from maccyd's in blackpool as she was doin a late shift , so thought we better let him out for a wee before we went to bed , then he goes and brings that in LOL , neighbours must of heard me shouting drop
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: help    Sun 20 Jul 2014, 10:12 pm

Glad he's ok

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: help    

Back to top Go down

help
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Staffiezone :: Dog Chat, Help and Advice :: General or Random Staffie, Bullie and Dog Chat-
Jump to: