Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

Reuben getting snappy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31921

PostSubject: Reuben getting snappy   Mon 18 Aug 2014, 9:27 pm

I have noticed recently that Reuben is having more instances of being a bit snappy, even with dogs he has known for a long time.
Off lead and with his ball he is great and will ignore everything. However on occasion when lead walking he is lunging at dogs he is friendly with. He will lunge at them but not really making any noise but I always manage to stop him from actually making contact so I'm not 100% on what he would do. It's difficult because sometimes he does this before he starts to play with a dog so I'm confused by the behaviour and air on the side of caution. He can walk along and sniff with the same dogs it tends to be when we stop walking and are stood chatting and they get close.

I have also noticed he gets a bit giddy when Belle plays with another dog, if they are playing quite noisily I can see he wants to join in but I don't know how he would behave and to be honest I would never let them both play together with another dog as they are too rough. It does appear to bother him and I'm not sure if he is trying to protect Belle in some way

Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 23449

PostSubject: Re: Reuben getting snappy   Tue 19 Aug 2014, 7:11 am

Hi Jo,

My initial thoughts are Belle, as she is a younger dog and therefore Reubs will feel the need to project her.

I don't think it's Reubs bring nasty do to speak, more pack mentally that Belle is his if u know what I mean xx
Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 1679

PostSubject: Re: Reuben getting snappy   Tue 19 Aug 2014, 12:42 pm

Yea as above i noticed this with a dog round the corner lovely little westie well socilaised and great with other dogs , then she got a westie pup (female) and wiley went to hello just as he always has , and jasper went for him , he was protecting the little one
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reuben getting snappy   

Back to top Go down

Reuben getting snappy
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1