Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

who's at fault ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 1679

PostSubject: who's at fault ?   Wed 24 Sep 2014, 6:43 pm

Twice now when out walking wiley ive been told of a dog attack on our beach , i was out this morning when this lady i met said a boxer was attacked on the beach as she went into more detail it clicked that i was told about this a few weeks ago , anyway i was told that a daft freindly boxer had gone running up to a bull mastiff that was off lead and the mastiff had attacked the boxer quite bad and caused 400 pounds worth of damage in vets bills , now the mastiff from what i can gather wasnt running loose miles away from the owner it was close to the owner when the boxer legged it over from quite far away , the mastiff owners became abusive and attually threated the lady with the boxer , he told his partner to deck her of all things but he did say your dog came over too us not the other way round , the lady followed them to there car and got the details it appears there not local they had come to blackpool for the day , but this lady this morning has told me its now goin to court , but who really is at fault ? technicly it should of been on a lead but it still would of attacked if it had been on a lead so i would say the boxer shouldnt really of been allowed to leg it , i must admit i was niave when i got wiley to think that every off lead dog would be safe , now i trust nothing lead or off lead , should an aggressive dog be muzzled in public ? i dont really think so as long as its under control , the first lady that told me about it i think was a relation of the boxers owner and she was screeming to me it should be muzzled
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 23449

PostSubject: Re: who's at fault ?   Wed 24 Sep 2014, 7:57 pm

OMG how awful, very difficult to say as stories differ. I'm sure the courts will possibly throw it out unless witnesses can be found :(
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31921

PostSubject: Re: who's at fault ?   Wed 24 Sep 2014, 9:08 pm

Hard to say not having witnessed it and not knowing the background. That could have been the first time the mastiff had been in an altercation and it may not have known how to deal with a bouncy giddy dog bounding over to it

Personally I do not agree that dog aggressive dogs should be muzzled if the owners keep them under control. My last boy was DA but he remained on lead at all times unless in the tennis courts that were secure. If people dogs come over to mine whilst he is on lead then it is their fault if anything happens as I always made people aware

Hysterical owners don't help either, the dogs will pick up on that

Back to top Go down
xclairex1
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 6615

PostSubject: Re: who's at fault ?   Thu 25 Sep 2014, 8:22 pm

This is one of those difficult ones, I'd tend to lay the blame with t
^

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content