Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

Right that's it..

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
*lou*
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 520

PostSubject: Right that's it..   Sun 28 Sep 2014, 11:30 am

...Cody is getting castrated!

It's not something I've wanted to do having gone 5 years with no problems. I've no intention of ever studding him but just really didn't feel the need to have him done but he'll be going in for castration in a few weeks time.

Literally everyday now, I get people asking me if I'll let him cover their bitch. Today a young lad with an 8 week old bitch told me, yes told me, that when she is old enough he's going to come and see me because he wants Cody to give her pups. Everyone is always shocked when I say he's never been used as a stud dog and that I have no intention of using him. I explain why. The number of staffies already in dogs homes, being PTS etc, etc and also explain that Cody has a lot of allergies and skin issues which could be passed on. They still don't care. They see a big, stocky, chunky headed staff and want him to produce babies.

We have also been warned in our block that some youths have been looking through letter boxes and trying to find out where certain dogs live and that a number of adult male bull breed dogs have been stolen from houses and gardens recently.

People recognise him all over the local area and know where we live! I've no idea why he's such a celebrity but I really wish he wasn't. I hate it when I have to walk past a group of lads, knowing that they could easily take him off me and there is bugger all I could do about it!

Something weird happened last week. I walked past a group of lads and they all looked at Cody and then started talking about him and one said to the other 'that's the dogs I've seen on ....." I can't remember what he said but it was a website by the sounds of it WTF??

I'm getting him done to try and reduce the risks of him being targeted.
Back to top Go down
StaffySel
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 6585

PostSubject: Re: Right that's it..   Sun 28 Sep 2014, 12:06 pm

I used to get people saying that to me about Enzo so that was one reason I got him done.
I had someone drive past me once and pull over and ask if I'd stud him!
I do think for the health benefits it's worth it too

Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31832

PostSubject: Re: Right that's it..   Sun 28 Sep 2014, 4:50 pm

He will deffo be less of a theft risk if he is castrated and the health benefits too.

Have you thought about carrying something with you when you walk just in case?

Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 1679

PostSubject: Re: Right that's it..   Sun 28 Sep 2014, 5:02 pm

Yes get him done Lou and make sure everyone knows he's been done , i concidered it as i have been asked a couple of times with wiley but tbh its not enough for me to think about having him done , as one of the ppl that asked i know his family anyway and they wouldnt come and take wiley , the other was just some randomer in a van , but i know it does lower the risk of theft
Back to top Go down
stepys1
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 2333

PostSubject: Re: Right that's it..   Sun 28 Sep 2014, 5:06 pm

Goodness that all sounds a bit scary. Luckily we don't have groups hanging around but have had the odd person make comments so we're always vigilant of who sees where we live. Always walk the route that people won't see what house we go into. It's awful that we have to do things like this to keep our babies safe.
Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 1679

PostSubject: Re: Right that's it..   Sun 28 Sep 2014, 5:10 pm

stepys1 wrote:
Goodness that all sounds a bit scary. Luckily we don't have groups hanging around but have had the odd person make comments so we're always vigilant of who sees where we live. Always walk the route that people won't see what house we go into. It's awful that we have to do things like this to keep our babies safe.

it is awfull , im very wary and i dont really live in an area where i should be worried but i still do cause theres always one person that might take a liking to him , there's been a blue staffie stolen recently on the blue staffy group the girl is devastated its only a puppy and they broke in her house to get it , they say its been stolen to order and wont be in the area now where it was taken from , how can ppl do this ?
Back to top Go down
stepys1
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 2333

PostSubject: Re: Right that's it..   Sun 28 Sep 2014, 7:45 pm

I think I saw a pic of that dog going round facebook.
Back to top Go down
jakies13
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 7512

PostSubject: Re: Right that's it..   Sun 28 Sep 2014, 8:29 pm

I would defo get him castrated Lou more so for safety reasons.
I've had people say it to me about Cairo and as soon as I say he's been castrated and say I wouldn't consider it anyway they say "oh that's a shame"
It's a joke these days if you own a bull breed, I always worry if I walk past a group of people but I know that if I kicked up a fuss my two would protect me! X

Back to top Go down
janandruby44
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 11929

PostSubject: Re: Right that's it..   Sun 28 Sep 2014, 9:43 pm

I get the same with Elsdon and I hate the way some young lads look at him. Tonight it was two Asian youths with a young girl....... Not saying anything about that. However I just know they were looking at him for another reason so will be on my guard for a few days,
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 23354

PostSubject: Re: Right that's it..   Mon 29 Sep 2014, 6:41 am

Sadly this is the world we live in and it sickens me :(
Back to top Go down
*lou*
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 520

PostSubject: Re: Right that's it..   Mon 29 Sep 2014, 11:56 am

Well I've just got to sort out transport help to get him back from the vets after the OP and then once that's sorted, he'll be booked in.

I don't usually get nervous or worry but just recently it's all got a bit creepy. Most of the people in the block are lovely but some do have dodgy mates who are the ones I get nervous about. 'm not worried for myself, just my dogs. The problem with Cody is that he is very vocal. He loves to say hello to people and if they give him eye contact he will start to howl, growl and even bark at them. It's all very playful, he goes down on his front paws and wags his tail but some people don't see it that way. Even some of the lads in the groups back off and wont go near him which makes it worse because then they think he's a big, aggressive staffy, which is even better to some of them.

I never walk him at regular times and always change the route I walk so I think I'll be OK. Most of them are friendly and just want to use him as a stud.

Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31832

PostSubject: Re: Right that's it..   Mon 29 Sep 2014, 8:00 pm

If anyone tries to do anything I think he and Daisy would surprise you and would protect you, in a way if they think he is a tad aggressive it may deter them slightly. No matter how hard kids are they would to knowingly want to get bitten by a dog

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Right that's it..   

Back to top Go down

Right that's it..
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Staffiezone :: Dog Chat, Help and Advice :: General or Random Staffie, Bullie and Dog Chat-
Jump to: