Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

leather harness's

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 1679

PostSubject: leather harness's    Tue 30 Sep 2014, 2:32 pm

What are ppls thoughts perceptions on this ? i know alot of ppl think chav , but i have always liked leather harness's , i remember staffies had leather ones dacades ago its only seems to be the since the chav element have got staffies and had them as status dogs that leather harness's seem to get a stigma , ive always stopped myself from getting one as would hate wiley to have that look

but i remember jasons mate from work coming to meet wiley , he's as far from a chav you  could get and when he saw wileys purple collar , he said poor lad what have they done to you you can come home with me the rotten sods lol , and then said when i had my staffy 20 years ago i had him in a leather harness ,  the place where i get wileys collars from in czech republic make harness's to order and you can have a choice of widths so i could get a very narrow one , here's a pic what do you think ? be honest i wont be offended, i know martin will kill me for even contemplating one LOL ,

i have never proper gelled with the fleece one i think mainly cause its a pain to wash all the time,  as wiley rolls all the time , i have two but i feel there always in the wash , a leather one would just need polishing and leather treatment like i do with his collars , the smallest they do is 19mm that would be just like a band , his collar is quite thin at 25mm , and i know there stuff is quality

http://collars-leads.com/eshop/en/harnesses/221-leather-harness-h01.html

Back to top Go down
*lou*
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 520

PostSubject: Re: leather harness's    Tue 30 Sep 2014, 4:20 pm

I like them. Cody has a thick leather collar with the bars and staffy knots and a thick chain lead to match. It may look a bit chavy to some people but I don't care. I'm not a chav, nor is he and he looks very handsome in it lol!

I didn't go for a leather harness for Cody only because the collar took ages to soften up and I was worried the leather harness would rub him raw. I went for the Ezy dog fabric harness and 5 years on it's still going strong

http://www.ezydog.co.uk/chest-plate-harness/

Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: leather harness's    Tue 30 Sep 2014, 4:23 pm

i always worry about the softening and wiley is quite prone to rubbing , even on the collar as got him c heap leather collar and it rubbed when i first got him , but the two collars from the czech republic which i might add are mega thick have never rubbed him , hopefully if i do get a harness that wont rub either as there made the same

lovely piccie Lou
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31893

PostSubject: Re: leather harness's    Tue 30 Sep 2014, 7:12 pm

Personally I don't like them. I did buy one years ago for Jack but got rid of it soon after

I do think they take ages to soften and they are prone to rubbing. I much prefer the fleece ones as they are soft to the skin and easy to throw in the washer.
I do have an Ezy dog one but it's been sat in the shed for ages as it does not fit quite right now as Reubs is in between sizes and he has a couple of the dog games ones now anyway.

I love the leather staffy knot collars and have a couple for Reuben but he barely wears them now as he and belle tend to rag each other by their collars when they are playing

Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: leather harness's    Tue 30 Sep 2014, 7:18 pm

Here's Reubs sporting one of his

And my beautiful girl Chloe

Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: leather harness's    Tue 30 Sep 2014, 7:20 pm

lovely pics Jo chloe's vertually matches her coat
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: leather harness's    Tue 30 Sep 2014, 7:25 pm

Yes I know, she was my special girl. I still miss her a lot

Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: leather harness's    Tue 30 Sep 2014, 7:28 pm

aww bless her , reuban looks happy in that pic , i take it that was before he had issues with noise ?
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: leather harness's    Tue 30 Sep 2014, 7:30 pm

Yes it was. He does not have issues with noise at home , in the garden or in the street so you often find him sat in that chair when it's nice

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: leather harness's    

Back to top Go down

leather harness's
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1