Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

Mizzie and her new little Sister, Coco!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
K999
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Male
Number of posts : 1087

PostSubject: Mizzie and her new little Sister, Coco!   Sun 05 Oct 2014, 3:31 pm

Here's the first few days after bringing Coco home from the rescue centre, Mizzie did her best to show her how things roll around our house...lots of chilling out and sleeping.  
Coco cottoned on pretty quickly! Her rehab and recovery is coming along nicely...

Coco

Coco

Coco, not yet brave enough to go outside by herself.

Coco

Coco

Coco cuddles up to Mizz
Back to top Go down
Alliecass
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 6762

PostSubject: Re: Mizzie and her new little Sister, Coco!   Sun 05 Oct 2014, 5:11 pm

lovely photos and well done Mizzie
Back to top Go down
xclairex1
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 6615

PostSubject: Re: Mizzie and her new little Sister, Coco!   Sun 05 Oct 2014, 5:16 pm

She's lovely, Love the last picture of them cosying up.

Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 23445

PostSubject: Re: Mizzie and her new little Sister, Coco!   Sun 05 Oct 2014, 7:50 pm

Awwwwwwwwwwww I want a Mizzie n Coco in my life :)
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31916

PostSubject: Re: Mizzie and her new little Sister, Coco!   Sun 05 Oct 2014, 8:05 pm

Gorgeous pics, funny how's dog always manage to find the sofa. Reuben was never allowed on the sofa with his previous owners but he went on ours straight away . We've never been bothered about them being on our furniture

Back to top Go down
jakies13
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 7512

PostSubject: Re: Mizzie and her new little Sister, Coco!   Mon 06 Oct 2014, 8:16 am

Great pictures Adam x
Love French bulldogs Loads of Love

Back to top Go down
Wendy
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 2001

PostSubject: Re: Mizzie and her new little Sister, Coco!   Mon 06 Oct 2014, 8:32 am

Awww Loads of Love
Back to top Go down
*lou*
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 521

PostSubject: Re: Mizzie and her new little Sister, Coco!   Wed 08 Oct 2014, 10:33 am

Aww so cute together!
Back to top Go down
K999
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Male

PostSubject: Re: Mizzie and her new little Sister, Coco!   Sun 12 Oct 2014, 5:17 pm

Little Coco is coming along nicely, her various ailments are slowly clearing up. Although, what I initially thought was stubbornness, turns out to be probably complete deafness. So it back to basics with hand signals, laser pointers and little cardboard signs!
In the mean time Coco has been chilling out with Mizz and entertaining guests...by sleeping on them...

Coco & Mizz

IMAG0573

Coco & Mizz

Coco & Mizz
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mizzie and her new little Sister, Coco!   Sun 12 Oct 2014, 5:48 pm

Awwwww Adam just look at them she's come along in leaps n bounds with you.

At least if Coco is deaf she had Mizzie to help too xx
Back to top Go down
StaffySel
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 6585

PostSubject: Re: Mizzie and her new little Sister, Coco!   Sun 12 Oct 2014, 6:14 pm

Brilliant pics, it looks like she is settling in well

Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mizzie and her new little Sister, Coco!   Sun 12 Oct 2014, 7:27 pm

Awww they look like they have been together forever, loving the cuddle pics.

Shame about the deafness but at least you know and can deal with it. We were lucky that we were able to teach a Jack some hand signals as he started to lose his hearing. I would imagine it is a lot harder trying to train when she is already deaf

Back to top Go down
stepys1
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 2361

PostSubject: Re: Mizzie and her new little Sister, Coco!   Sun 12 Oct 2014, 10:17 pm

Settled in nicely :), love the third pic. She's in the best hands to help her with all her needs
Back to top Go down
janandruby44
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 11929

PostSubject: Re: Mizzie and her new little Sister, Coco!   Mon 13 Oct 2014, 8:37 pm

She's lovely and looks settled with you.
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mizzie and her new little Sister, Coco!   Tue 14 Oct 2014, 7:07 am

I want a cuddle with Mizzie n Coco :)
Back to top Go down
lynneand billy
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Female
Number of posts : 103

PostSubject: Re: Mizzie and her new little Sister, Coco!   Mon 20 Oct 2014, 4:32 pm

fantastic pics x
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mizzie and her new little Sister, Coco!   Fri 07 Nov 2014, 9:26 pm

How are the girls getting on Adam?

Back to top Go down
K999
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Male

PostSubject: Re: Mizzie and her new little Sister, Coco!   Sat 08 Nov 2014, 7:34 am

It's going great with Mizz and Coco, she's growing in confidence all the time, she's relaxing off on her little routines which used to get her through the day. She's still not sure how to play with Mizz yet but she keep trying. She is much happier mentally....physically she's not so great. Her eye infection keep hanging on, her skin isn't healing as fast as I'd like, so I hope there is no lingering problem there, she chews her feet still, there is a funny lump on her hip on the side where she limps after a 30 minute walk or more, she is the snottiest dog I've ever met (lucky she only has a tiny nose!), and although she seems to want to be house trained, it seems she doesn't get much 'warning' she needs the toilet but she is making it to the training pads now, mostly. Her digestion is also a concern, anything other than chappie (a food I don't like to give) literally goes right through her, even a tea spoon of better food mixed into her chappie causes the runs.
Apart from that, she's great!
It's funny though, because we walk Mizz much further than Coco, quite often I'll take Mizz out for a run or a decent walk, then come back, Mizz will go to bed and I'll take Coco out for an easier walk. I'd walk them both together later in the day. But Coco started refusing to walk unless Mizzie was with us! So I'd have to go back in the house, get Mizzie out of bed just to accompany Coco on the short walk, Coco was happy, Mizz certainly wasn't!
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mizzie and her new little Sister, Coco!   Sat 08 Nov 2014, 4:43 pm

Awwww that's so cute and great news.

Frenchie can suffer with skin conditions however you mention snotty to so I am thinking allergy. It can be anything from plants in the garden to grass to dust mites to food

Try n have a walk around the garden and see if you have ivy or lillies as these can cause skin conditions. But I do think the skin n snotty nose is allergy connected xx
Back to top Go down
K999
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Male

PostSubject: Re: Mizzie and her new little Sister, Coco!   Sat 08 Nov 2014, 5:10 pm

Thanks Suzie, we've got her on anti histamines and aloe vera and she is slowly improving and the hair is beginning to grow back. I think is was mange which caused the hair loss and skin issues which she was struggling with when she arrived at the rescue, so I was hoping de-stressing her would make a bigger difference.
It's a tough one because she has so much wrong with her I want to get her mentally sound before we hit her with more drugs, so far the antibiotics and eye drops didn't achieve much. Plus her guts are awful so more antibiotics won't help here!
I checked the garden and there is nothing obvious, but to be fair she doesn't spend much time outside, she's a big fan of the safe indoors at the moment!
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mizzie and her new little Sister, Coco!   Sat 08 Nov 2014, 7:45 pm

Sounds like she is doing well but has a way to go. Such a shame for her with all those ailments and I imagine that's part of the reason she ended up in rescue.
My brother adopted a dog last weekend ans has the exact same issue with food, I have suggested he tries for his as everything else made him very loose

Back to top Go down
K999
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Male

PostSubject: Re: Mizzie and her new little Sister, Coco!   Sat 08 Nov 2014, 8:06 pm

yea, we guess she got dumped once the health issues meant huge vet bills, an all too common story at the rescue now-a-days.
Chappie is great for dogs with 'delicate' digestion there is not much in it to set dogs off, but that is because it is pretty low quality food. So I wouldn't normally use it but I think Coco will be on it until all the other issues have cleared up, then we'll try to wean her onto better food. It's is a good idea to get your brothers dog on it whilst the pooch adapts to it's new life and de-stresses a bit.
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mizzie and her new little Sister, Coco!   Sun 09 Nov 2014, 9:55 am

Hi Adam I totally agree to get the mind right will help with other issues going on. Have you thought of going on FBD forum? My friend owned Frenchies n one of hers had awful skin and it turned out to be bleach she used on the patio when cleaning.

Keep us posted n your doing an amazing and wonderful thing xx
Back to top Go down
janandruby44
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 11929

PostSubject: Re: Mizzie and her new little Sister, Coco!   Mon 10 Nov 2014, 7:49 pm

Bless her, she's got lots going on but is in the right place to get them sorted x
Back to top Go down
Alliecass
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 6762

PostSubject: Re: Mizzie and her new little Sister, Coco!   Wed 12 Nov 2014, 3:06 pm

love the pic,s

have you thought of homeopathy for her my friend swears by it for her dog.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mizzie and her new little Sister, Coco!   

Back to top Go down

Mizzie and her new little Sister, Coco!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next