Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

Mizzie and her new little Sister, Coco!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
K999
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Male
Number of posts : 1087

PostSubject: Re: Mizzie and her new little Sister, Coco!   Wed 12 Nov 2014, 10:14 pm

I've looked into homeopathy before now, mainly research for essays, but I still come down mainly on the side of solid science (as far as our understanding goes), if it is provable and repeatable in a lab then I'm on board.
That said, I am a firm believer in the bodies ability to heal itself, without reliance on drugs, if supplied with the right conditions; low stress, balanced and correct nutrition, good health in all other aspects etc etc..... which is why I'm struggling with Coco, getting her into a position where she can 'self heal' in an efficient manner. She'll need a drug boost, but I want to make sure I get that bit right too!

We're seeing the vet again soon, so I'll have more info then....
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 23316

PostSubject: Re: Mizzie and her new little Sister, Coco!   Thu 13 Nov 2014, 6:20 pm

Best of luck with the path forward please keep us posted xx
Back to top Go down
K999
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Male

PostSubject: Re: Mizzie and her new little Sister, Coco!   Wed 19 Nov 2014, 10:06 pm

Well, we've had a full check up with a vet and it's a little worse than I'd hoped.  The skin problem will take about a year if all goes well, her eye issues are pretty much down to having daft bulging eyes so not much can be done, their digestive system isn't strong as a breed so we have to be careful if we want to get on top her her poo/wind problems, her limp is down to her knee caps slipping out of place (common with frenchies) which means she'll have arthritis early on or face a big operation to fix them. The vet even had trouble listening to her heart beat due to the snorting noises these dogs make. It doesn't look like she'll ever be fully healthy, but apart from that she's all good!  Although them more I think about it the more anger I have for breeders who don't regard health as important when 'designing' puppies!

Anyway, here's the little tyke...

here's Mizzie trying out Coco's bed before letting her on it...

here's me and my girls watching TV...

and this is what happened after I snook upstairs for a quick nap, first the dogs find me and snuggle up, then Beth caught me and took a photo....

Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31804

PostSubject: Re: Mizzie and her new little Sister, Coco!   Wed 19 Nov 2014, 10:16 pm

Loving the pics

Sorry to hear the prognosis is not great for Coco, so sad for her. She certainly looks content in your family

Back to top Go down
stepys1
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 2330

PostSubject: Re: Mizzie and her new little Sister, Coco!   Thu 20 Nov 2014, 10:20 am

That last pic is beautiful! She's so lucky to be part of your family where she will be well taken care of and loved. She sure looks relaxed lol
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mizzie and her new little Sister, Coco!   Sun 01 Mar 2015, 3:46 pm

How are the girls doing Adam?

Back to top Go down
K999
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Male

PostSubject: Re: Mizzie and her new little Sister, Coco!   Tue 03 Mar 2015, 8:40 am

funny you should ask, she currently possibly suffering from something I'd never come across before; mycotoxin.  It basically causes her to have muscle spasms, shakes, drunk like behaviour and exaggerated movements, it's horrible to watch and it affects her all the time. It seems to have gone on longer than the normal couple of days for this sort of thing so the vets put her on anti-epilepsy tablets for the time being to try to get it under control, it's probably not epilepsy but it is like a mild constant fit. She started the tablets last night so hopefully we'll see an improvement today and tomorrow.  
Mizzie has tried a few times to comfort Coco but to be fair she's not the most delicate nurse, what starts out as a comforting cuddle usually ends up with Mizz fast asleep squashing Coco.

Apart from that she was progressing ok, she hasn't got the confidence to play indoors with Mizzie yet and neither dog want to stay outside whilst it's so cold, so they haven't played much yet.
Coco is such a clown though, she makes me laugh everyday!
Back to top Go down
Alliecass
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 6762

PostSubject: Re: Mizzie and her new little Sister, Coco!   Tue 03 Mar 2015, 6:56 pm

sorry to hear sbout Coco I hope her medication, soon starts too kick in,

I love all the photo,s
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mizzie and her new little Sister, Coco!   Tue 03 Mar 2015, 9:22 pm

Gosh that poor girl has been through the wars hasn't she. I hope the meds kick in and she gets some respite from it
I'm sure in another few months she will be a different dog again

It took Belle quite a long time to get some confidence and even now I still see some of the old Belle especially with her nervousness with new things.

Back to top Go down
tracyp
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 872

PostSubject: Re: Mizzie and her new little Sister, Coco!   Thu 05 Mar 2015, 4:41 am

She is a lovely little girl. We had a rescued french named "Boo" in the family. Really hard life till our family got him. Skin problems, abuse, to be honest, his health was corrected after a few yrs but his attitude... its was never corrected... we just worked around him. His abuse could not be forgotten. They are lovely dogs.

Heres Boo.

Gorgeous pics of them.

Best wishes to her & you.
Back to top Go down
K999
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Male

PostSubject: Re: Mizzie and her new little Sister, Coco!   Sun 15 Mar 2015, 8:56 pm

That's a cool looking pooch Tracy!
Coco is doing much better now we've got her meds sussed out, I made this little video to show what the symptoms were like....

Back to top Go down
tracyp
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 872

PostSubject: Re: Mizzie and her new little Sister, Coco!   Sun 15 Mar 2015, 9:25 pm

She's gorgeous. How old now?
 I do have a soft spot for frenchies. How is she doing? Any advancement?
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mizzie and her new little Sister, Coco!   Sun 15 Mar 2015, 9:37 pm

Wow that was so sad seeing her like that but what a transformation the meds make. I bet she has never played with a ball before.

Back to top Go down
janandruby44
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 11929

PostSubject: Re: Mizzie and her new little Sister, Coco!   Sun 15 Mar 2015, 10:36 pm

What a difference the drugs make x
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 23316

PostSubject: Re: Mizzie and her new little Sister, Coco!   Mon 16 Mar 2015, 7:22 am

I simply adore Frenchies but Coco steals my heart what a special girl n I know with your n Beth care Coco will lead a fulfilled n happy life.

Such a shame about all the complications she has but again your patience, understanding n love for your pooch I know Coco will be as happy as she ever could be.

I love seeing your girls Adam, please keep the updates coming.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mizzie and her new little Sister, Coco!   

Back to top Go down

Mizzie and her new little Sister, Coco!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2