Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

flexi lead epic fail

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 1679

PostSubject: flexi lead epic fail    Tue 04 Nov 2014, 7:30 pm

On another forum i go on theres always threads about how they hate flexi's , usually someone has had a bad experience with omeone with one so they start a thread,  im usually in there sticking up for them as are other ppl and saying its the person in charge as i love my flexi

Well LOL my youngest and i was  taking wiley out at 4pm today and as i had just got round the corner from my house this dog comes belting out of a driveway on the end of a flexi , women was at her front door,  dog was well past the gate post, yapping , snarling and goin for wiley , it was a small poodle ,  then its collar slipped off so it was now about an inch away from wiley , i stood infront of wiley and wiley turned round to go back home bless him , lady said sorry but wasnt very freindly just like her dog and i just smiled and walked off , she's a right ignorent cow  she has never spoke in all the time i have known her live there which is donkeys years , shes really not a nice person and my youngest plays down that road with her mate  and she said she doesnt speak to anyone her elle's mum told me , i have seen her quite a few times pass here with that dog on the end of its flexi but i didnt know it was nasty , why dont ppl use flexi's correctly as ppl like that give them a bad name , i told hubby off one day for not having wileys locked when on the road , as hes a catter and he could of ran for a cat , so now he has it locked all the time on road walks
Back to top Go down
StaffySel
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 6585

PostSubject: Re: flexi lead epic fail    Tue 04 Nov 2014, 7:57 pm

Yeah I get worried when I see someone with a flexi hoping they have it locked.

Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: flexi lead epic fail    Tue 04 Nov 2014, 8:03 pm

StaffySel wrote:
Yeah I get worried when I see someone with a flexi hoping they have it locked.

On this other forum i got on , a lady dog was lunged at by either a DA or DR dog , and the lady with the lunging dog said oh im sorry his lead is broke but he doesnt normally do that , so she was walking her dog knowing full well the lead was broke

Then another thread was about one who had let her dog extend the lead whilst walking on the pavement and there was another pewrson ahead walking not with a dog , she called the dog back and it wrapped itself round the lady walking and she fell over

There a great piece of kit if used properly , i do always worry about it failing tho , but mines the strongest you can get and wiley doesnt even need one that thick so im hoping the chances of it failing would be slim , i dont like them cord ones i have known a bullbreed snap one of them in two
Back to top Go down
StaffySel
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 6585

PostSubject: Re: flexi lead epic fail    Tue 04 Nov 2014, 8:09 pm

I remember having one years ago and some children came over to fuss Enz, he got all excited and was jumping all around the place and the flexi lead wrapped around a childs neck. It got thrown in the bin when I got home!

Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: flexi lead epic fail    Tue 04 Nov 2014, 8:12 pm

StaffySel wrote:
I remember having one years ago and some children came over to fuss Enz, he got all excited and was jumping all around the place and the flexi lead wrapped around a childs neck. It got thrown in the bin when I got home!

i always reel it in to a normal lead lenth when road walking or if i see someone coming my way and lock it , as its so easy to get wrapped around them , wileys wrapped around trees a few times pn our park , but that doesnt matter just annoying to me
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31921

PostSubject: Re: flexi lead epic fail    Tue 04 Nov 2014, 8:12 pm

I love my flexis and use them daily spinner smile

Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: flexi lead epic fail    Tue 04 Nov 2014, 8:14 pm

Staffylover wrote:
I love my flexis and use them daily spinner smile

thats cause you like me use them properly , i couldnt live without one , ive never used a proper lead come to think of it , only the one i have in the car just incase

do you use them on both dogs ? i remember when i had casper for the day and i found it quite hard leading both dogs with such big leads , but then again casper was pulling like a train
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: flexi lead epic fail    Tue 04 Nov 2014, 8:21 pm

Yes I use them on both, I used to use them before with Reubs and Chloe too so am more than used to them

Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: flexi lead epic fail    Tue 04 Nov 2014, 8:23 pm

Staffylover wrote:
Yes I use them on both,  I used to use them before with Reubs and Chloe too  so am more than used to them

tbh i would find it hard leadin two dogs with a normal lead lol , but i suppose you get used it
Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: flexi lead epic fail    Tue 04 Nov 2014, 8:24 pm

p.s has the new flexi come yet ?
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: flexi lead epic fail    Tue 04 Nov 2014, 8:36 pm

At nights I use a normal lead if we are going on the field. If the walk is on lead I use the flexis

My new one has not come yet

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: flexi lead epic fail    

Back to top Go down

flexi lead epic fail
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1