Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

Abuse

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31893

PostSubject: Abuse   Wed 05 Nov 2014, 7:57 pm

Has anyone ever been subjected to verbal abuse because of the breed they own. I see loads of posts on FB about it and to be honest I find it very hard to believe that some people can be so rude.
I do wonder if I'm lucky (or nieve) or are these posts really true and people can be that vile?

Back to top Go down
stepys1
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 2354

PostSubject: Re: Abuse   Wed 05 Nov 2014, 8:29 pm

Not really, I've had a few dirty looks
Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 1679

PostSubject: Re: Abuse   Wed 05 Nov 2014, 9:38 pm

Never touch wood , everyone loves wiley , but i hear of ppl been spat at in the street and allsorts of horrible things

mum said when she looked after her mates staffy it was noticable how ppl avoided her

attually something just come to mind , when i was looking after casper the june before i got wiley , someone shouted at me anf my middle daughter chav at us from a car window , me with the temper ive got wasnt amused and if he hadnt of been in a car driving past fast he would of got a right mouthfull back , but never have i had any probs with wiley touch wood

This is one reason its taken me till nopw to put a leather harness on him as i think it can give the wrong impression but most dog walkers no wiley now

watch it i will of spoke too soon and someone will give me abuse now

i think it can depend where you live aswell , if your in an area known for staffs top be status dogs then i think you can be prone to abuse , and i think ppl are racist aswell with colour cause ppl see wileys colour before they see his breed , so they sdore him cause hes blue , ppl likes casper aswell cause he was that funny fawn and unusuall

my youngest saw a brindle staffy been walked a few month's ago and she asked it it was ok to stroke it , and the lady said she was shocked as most ppl avoid her , now that was local to me
Back to top Go down
StaffySel
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 6585

PostSubject: Re: Abuse   Wed 05 Nov 2014, 10:06 pm

I haven't had any
Sometimes I see parents pick their children up as im about to walk past them but I don't really care.
There aren't many staffies around here

Back to top Go down
Alliecass
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 6762

PostSubject: Re: Abuse   Fri 07 Nov 2014, 4:29 pm

no ive not had any abuse thankgoodness, but I have has people cross the road, ot keep their dogs away from Cassie.
Back to top Go down
lynneand billy
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Female
Number of posts : 103

PostSubject: Re: Abuse   Fri 07 Nov 2014, 7:48 pm

No verbal abuse, but some people have crossed the street to the other side when they see billy,

I just wish that the yappy dog owners would put their dogs on a lead when they see him instead of them growling and snarling at him xx
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 23426

PostSubject: Re: Abuse   Fri 07 Nov 2014, 7:55 pm

I too have had people cross the road but never had abuse.

I think facebook is just a place people vent for a reaction as you can't literally punch them in their stupid face :(
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Abuse   

Back to top Go down

Abuse
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1