Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

Belles peeing

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31854

PostSubject: Belles peeing   Fri 26 Dec 2014, 2:12 pm

For weeks now Belle has been peeing at the back door on the mat on the inside. I put it down to my son being lazy whilst I was at work and him not letting her out often enough and she was waiting at the door to get out and could not hold.
However it now seems to be the norm that she pees there even when the door is open, and on some occasions even a number two. This morning they both got up and I opened the back door straight away. Belle went out and then came straight back in not having done anything so I put her back out, stood out with her and shut the door and she had a pee.

I have been in all day so the back door is wide open and she has since been in the kitchen and peed inside again, plus there was on little blob of poop, it wasn't a full poop so no idea what happened there?

Hubby caught her in the act last week and told her off and threw her out mid pee but that has not made any difference.

We are also finding wet patches now and then on the living room rug, again I don't know when she is doing it and can't see it due to the pattern on the rug, we only realise if we stand in the wet.

I mentioned it to the vets when she had her booster but they can't find anything medically wrong with her. It's driving me mad and I constantly think I can smell pee in the house.

Before we go to bed at night I let them out on the front and they both run straight onto the grass and pee immediately. I not keen on doing this as the norm during the day as the front garden is open and Reuben always wants to go to the neighbours to toilet

Back to top Go down
Alliecass
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 6762

PostSubject: Re: Belles peeing   Fri 26 Dec 2014, 3:20 pm

oh no.......................................
Back to top Go down
Sandi
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 15687

PostSubject: Re: Belles peeing   Fri 26 Dec 2014, 5:30 pm

First thing I would do would be to take the mat up - if she has been doing it for a while she probably thinks it is ok and is using it as her toilet when no one is around.

Also back to basics I suppose, out everytime she has something to eat or drink and not back in until she goes.

Hope you get it sorted.

Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Belles peeing   Fri 26 Dec 2014, 7:25 pm

Thanks Sandi, the mat has been up for a couple of weeks now. Hopefully I can get it sorted whilst off over Xmas

Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 23377

PostSubject: Re: Belles peeing   Fri 26 Dec 2014, 7:52 pm

That's a real shame.

Could you maybe try puppy pads? Then try encourage her outside again.

Don't know what else to suggest xx
Back to top Go down
StaffySel
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 6585

PostSubject: Re: Belles peeing   Fri 26 Dec 2014, 8:04 pm

I would put the mat just outside the door if that's Where she keeps going.
Go back to basics and try catching her when she's doing it and putting her out side.

Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 1679

PostSubject: Re: Belles peeing   Sun 04 Jan 2015, 3:42 pm

agh no not again , i really feel for you as it is a pain and if its on soft furnishin's it will start to smell eventually unless its on a hard floor , could it be your not getting the scent away complety and she's just redoin it in the same area ? wiley had an accident the other night not had any accidents for months and he peed on the sofa in the night right flaming pain as i had to strip the sofa down and wash the covers and spray the foam cushions underneith with a spray to disguise any smell , but i know his isnt delibrate , but its still annoying and that was only once , it was a very windy night and next doors bin lid was clattering all night it kept me awake so im putting it down to it scared wiley hence his accident

Like others have suggested back to basics , its almost like she's not housetrained ? but i know of some dogs that never ever house train completly , she may just be one of them hence why she's been in and out of homes all her life ? there was a staff at the local rspca here that kept coming back so they then advertised it as been un housetrainable

Back to top Go down
Wendy
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 2001

PostSubject: Re: Belles peeing   Sun 04 Jan 2015, 4:04 pm

Has something scared Belle Jo? Has she been outside to do her business and she's heard something that has scared her? If Poppy is outside in the garden to do her business and something spooks her then she has occasionally come in and messed in the house . Luckily I've got hard floor cos waiting for wood flooring to be laid so easy to clean up .

My Shadow also has, I think the vet called it "excited urination / stress bladder", something like that anyway, so thank goodness we do have hard floors
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Belles peeing   Sun 04 Jan 2015, 8:26 pm

She has not peed once in the house since I posted this as I have been in every day and ensured she has been out regularly. I do think it is the sheer laziness of my son that is causing this issue

Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 1679

PostSubject: Re: Belles peeing   Sun 04 Jan 2015, 8:29 pm

also Jo , i was telling my daughter about belle seeing as she has a jack russel thats prone to playing naugty tricks and she was asking me what do you have in your garden for her to pee and poo on ? as her JR will not pee or poo on concrete , and thinking about it neither will wiley , so do you have grass ? or concrete
Back to top Go down
Alliecass
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 6762

PostSubject: Re: Belles peeing   Sun 04 Jan 2015, 8:31 pm

glad that she is doing well now Jo, good news
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member