Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

Behaviorist

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Eddi and Daisy
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 4187

PostSubject: Behaviorist   Tue 23 Feb 2010, 7:49 pm

Well I have eventually decided after my two were attacked to bring in a behaviorist to have a look at how my two behave and how we can change it.

I would like eddi to have more confidence when around other dogs, if dogs get all excited and want to play he cowers and gets scared.

With daisy I would like her aggression while on the lead to be sorted if possible and if a dog looks at her funny she can be a bit iffy sometimes.

She comes with her own dogs to assess how they are, I would also like them to be assessed when we have visitors over as they won't calm down lol Wendy is proof of that.
Back to top Go down
babypink
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 1830

PostSubject: Re: Behaviorist   Tue 23 Feb 2010, 8:19 pm

Good luck hope it all goes ok
Back to top Go down
Sandi
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 15687

PostSubject: Re: Behaviorist   Tue 23 Feb 2010, 8:28 pm

This is good news hope it goes well for you let us know.
Back to top Go down
Wendy
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 2001

PostSubject: Re: Behaviorist   Tue 23 Feb 2010, 9:34 pm

Eddi and Daisy are great little dogs

Was great fun playing with them

Would'nt change them for the world :)
Back to top Go down
Mandy
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 1802

PostSubject: Re: Behaviorist   Tue 23 Feb 2010, 10:15 pm

aww good luck hun xx
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 19490

PostSubject: Re: Behaviorist   Tue 23 Feb 2010, 10:59 pm

good luck hun im sure they will be perfect little angels on the day and the behaviourist will wonder why you called her lol xxx
Back to top Go down
Eddi and Daisy
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Behaviorist   Tue 23 Feb 2010, 11:52 pm

Yea most probably Jo, I will keep you updated and let you know her assessment.
Back to top Go down
harry4trix
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Female
Number of posts : 120

PostSubject: Re: Behaviorist   Wed 24 Feb 2010, 8:01 am

Good Luck , We had behaviourist for our old staffie susie , she was very dog aggressive but he helped us soo much they do such a brilliant job and amazes me how they can help dogs:-D x
Back to top Go down
Mattie
Supporter
Supporter

Female
Number of posts : 430

PostSubject: Re: Behaviorist   Wed 24 Feb 2010, 10:21 am

Jackie ask Jess about Angela Stockdale, you may be able to get to her, she is one of the best people in the country for dog aggression. Jess takes Lennox there, she travels from Hull to Somerset because she is so good.
Back to top Go down
Eddi and Daisy
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Behaviorist   Wed 24 Feb 2010, 11:38 am

I've done a bit of research mattie and this lady coming comes highly recommended, and I don't have to travel to get to her she comes to you.

I will give her a go if I am not happy then I will look at other options.
Back to top Go down
Eddi and Daisy
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Behaviorist   Sun 07 Mar 2010, 6:35 pm

Well Daisy and Eddi had a visit from the behaviourist yesterday, her opinion was that eddi is just fine, I was worried that he would rather just go off and play than interact alot with other dogs, she said that's fine if he is not comfy in a situation then it's great that he walks away and does his own thing.

With daisy she said her aggression might just be hormonal and to speak to the vet to rule out nuerological issues 1st before her spey which is tuesday. She came with her 3 dogs in the care 3 GORGEOUS english bull terriers 2 girls one boy, she bought the boy out in the are infront of our house daisy and him were harnessed and she did some walk pasts.

She wanted to see how we interacted with each other and when she was walking past I had daisy on a short lead to control her and she was all snarling hackles up, katie told me to give her a loose lead and she stopped growling and snarling.

I could see she wanted to go play but we were not letting them off the lead just incase anything happened. So to end it off she told us how very well behaved they are and we obviously have worked very hard with them.

She also advised to have the spey done leave it a month or two for the hormones etc to settle down if she is still bad then her boy and daisy will begin training. She also advised because the attack is still fresh to stay away from confrontation with other dogs not to avoid them altogether but if we see them across the fields let her do her thing so she still knows how to act when she sees other dogs.
Back to top Go down
Wendy
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Behaviorist   Sun 07 Mar 2010, 7:22 pm

Did the behaviourist show any concern as to how hyper Eddi & Daisy are when visitors come ??? Daisy jumps quite high, bless her, lol.
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Behaviorist   Sun 07 Mar 2010, 10:17 pm

oooooooooo all them bully washes xxxx
she sounds good jackie at least she isnt one of these who looks for megga problems when there arent any for money which is good .
Back to top Go down
Eddi and Daisy
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Behaviorist   Mon 08 Mar 2010, 10:48 am

Wendy, she said that they are both puppies and are very excited by visitors, as we don't get many they have not learned how to behave. She said to get them both to "watch me" when people come in, and if that takes 30 minutes of doing so until they calm down then so be it.

She said that the older they get the better they will get, she said that they are extremely well behaved for young dogs and she has seen alot worse, when I called them too me they listened so she was impressed.

She came with her daughter and they both ignored both of them no eye contact at all and when they did jump up and around them still ignored them until I got them to come to me.

Only when they were on their way out did they both call them for fusses, by that time eddi was relaxed and laying on the floor, daisy was laying next to me.

She told me its like two toddlers in a sweet shop how hyper and excited they would be, but with age comes maturity, so fingers crossed lol they calm down as they grow up.
Back to top Go down
Wendy
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Behaviorist   Mon 08 Mar 2010, 12:16 pm

Well thats good, sounds like the session went very well

No doubt Eddi and Daisy will get less excitable as they get older

Know they get hyper but they are great little doggies :)

Good luck at the vets tomorrow, hope Daisy's spay goes well, (((Hugs)))
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Behaviorist   Mon 08 Mar 2010, 1:07 pm

awwwww big hugs for Daisy tomorrow and little Eddie as he wont know what do with himself without mischief there lol
and no worrying jackie she will be fine and home before you know it and you will be pulling your hair out wondering how on earth your going keep her calm xxxxxxxxxxx
Back to top Go down
Sandi
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 15687

PostSubject: Re: Behaviorist   Mon 08 Mar 2010, 1:45 pm

Big hugs for Daisy tomorrow and as Jo says no worrying, she will be over it in no time, if a little groggy in the evening.
Back to top Go down
Eddi and Daisy
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Behaviorist   Mon 08 Mar 2010, 8:22 pm

Thank you guys, but as you are probably aware I will still worry.
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Behaviorist   Mon 08 Mar 2010, 9:01 pm

its natural to worry hun but she will be fine keep your self busy with eddie and time will fly by for you xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Behaviorist   

Back to top Go down

Behaviorist
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Staffiezone :: Dog Chat, Help and Advice :: General or Random Staffie, Bullie and Dog Chat :: Training & Behaviour-
Jump to: