Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

Hello from Australia.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
tracyp
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 872

PostSubject: Hello from Australia.   Mon 26 Jan 2015, 3:30 am

Hi everyone.

Nice to see some familiar faces here.

I'm Tracy, I have 2 dogs, a cat, 4 chooks & now a baby bird my staffy bought inside.

My dogs are....
Jessie, my dobe x staff turning 12 in march.

Tyson, my staffy turning 6 in feb. & Chilli, my kitten turning 1 the day before Jessups birthday.

Looking forward to getting to know you all or catching up with all your babies I know from the past.

Please feel free to update me on your puppies incase I've missed a post. Loads of Love
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31924

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Australia.   Mon 26 Jan 2015, 6:18 am

Helo Tracy, lovely to see you and your family again. The dogs are looking grea and your kiten is very cute

How's Jessie getting on?

Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 23449

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Australia.   Mon 26 Jan 2015, 6:57 am

Hi n welcome lovely to see you all on the forum xx

Lovely pics :)
Back to top Go down
tracyp
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Australia.   Mon 26 Jan 2015, 7:09 am

Hi guys!

Jo, Jess has quite a few little issues now... lumps, bumps (all biopsied, just fatty lumps. So I won't do surgery at her age unless they turn up under her muscles & cause her pain.) It's hard to wake her, slow to do anything, walks are no longer than 15-20 mins max for her now... but, all in all, she is going well. Our vet is happy with her condition except she is starting to go deaf (selectively, I believe it's called "old age ignorance". ha ha ) & she is developing cataracts on both eyes.

It's all good. I just don't move furniture anymore & she does fine.

I don't know if you know? Jess & I were attacked by 3 Malamutes. She had a chunk taken from her back, 4 k9 deep punctures in her right hind leg, I got bitten too & my knuckles were bruised & swollen from punching them off us. It was pretty bad. The ranger knew exactly which house to go to! All 3 were surrended to the ranger. The woman acknowledged she had no control of them & it was not the 1st time! They had killed a cat earlier & I believe attacked someone else. Since then, things are not the same for Jess (or I to be honest). She grew old that day.

But, she is still going strong & still playing with all doggies. I just have to watch her now as her eyes are not 20/20 she is weary of things coming at her quickly now.

How is Reuben going Jo? Loads of Love
Back to top Go down
Alliecass
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 6766

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Australia.   Mon 26 Jan 2015, 8:02 pm

hello love the pic,s and welcome xx

welcome
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31924

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Australia.   Mon 26 Jan 2015, 9:00 pm

Sorry to hear that Tracy, must have been a shock for you both. Most dogs would struggle after something like that, never mind an old lady.
I recall the selective deafness, Chloe used to have that until I opened a packet of crisps or something similar and she also had signs of cataracts coming, you could see the slight cloudiness in her eyes.

The walking is normal too, I was told little and often was better than one long walk and would help with the stiffness too. Thing was Chloe still wanted to charge around with reuben and would do on occasion but would be stiff next day. In her head she was still a pup, that may have had something to do with the dementure though
How is Jess in that respect, does she have any strange behaviours at all?

Back to top Go down
tracyp
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Australia.   Tue 27 Jan 2015, 12:11 am

Not really, only thing different now is that she was never a barker. She never barked or "spoke" on command unless asked to. (Typical dobe, you won't know I'm here till I tippy toe up to you & it's too late for you!) Now, if she wants a toy she can't get, wants your attention or for you do something... pat, dinner, get her a carrot etc, she will put her nose right infront of your face &, happy bark & front paw jumps as long & loud as it takes you to do what she wants. ha ha

Bar that, her mind is as sharp as always.

Though now she's a lazy bitch. She now lets Tyson do all the security. He can listen, look & bark & she only bothers to get up if it sounds important enough.

She, like Chloe still chases Tyson down, runs like a pup, & forgets she is a senior now. She cannot jump into the wagon anymore, she gets the front up, i lift the backend in. but has bad arthritis in her left hind leg so when she does too much she too pays for it the next day.

You know I still see Chloes face in my mind, those eyes, that smiley grey face. Loads of Love  She was a trully gorgeous girl, though I never physically met her, I will never forget her! love
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Australia.   

Back to top Go down

Hello from Australia.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Staffiezone :: Welcome Zone for New Members :: New Members Lounge-
Jump to: