Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

Jessies birthday treat.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
tracyp
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 872

PostSubject: Jessies birthday treat.   Sat 14 Feb 2015, 6:04 am

Not her birthday for a couple of wks yet but... my sister in law rang this morn...she's driving to where I live to get raw from the greyhound race supplier near me for her poodle puppies... will I be home for a coffee & to drop off mine & Cons birthday pressies? We really dont need gifts but, sure, I'm cooking chicken & vegie soup at the moment. I'll be home.  Come over for lunch! Did I want any raw while she was there? YES! Jess LOVES  their ox tongue & cheek mince! She hasn't had it in ages, over a yr now! I normally just get the race mix.

I got 2 bags for $30   Its now divided into portions in the freezer. She is gonna just love this!

I normally do it with rice & vegies but she can have it straight for her birthday.  

I also found today that Chilli particularly likes the tongue, (   its all leathery with big thick hairs which could rasp a thousand yr old tree.) she has never had it before so it's either that or sardines for her birthday.
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31921

PostSubject: Re: Jessies birthday treat.   Sat 14 Feb 2015, 10:04 am

You babies are going to be spoilt spinner smile

My two aren't particularly keen on raw, I did consider it for reuben with his allergies but decided against it when he turned his nose up at fresh raw chicken and liver

Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 23449

PostSubject: Re: Jessies birthday treat.   Sat 14 Feb 2015, 7:42 pm

Ohhhhhh Jessie is such a lucky pooch xx
Back to top Go down
tracyp
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Jessies birthday treat.   Sun 15 Feb 2015, 5:14 am

Mine literally live on raw & kibble. I generally get a beef, lamb, rabbit or roo mix. But jess trully loves ox. I do vary it with wet, cooked, vegies & even fruit. They had cantelope (I think you call it rockmellon) last night.

Raw chicken wings or necks are a treat for mine. They mostly eat red meat, raw vegies or canned food for a change every so often.

Raw can be hard (& bottom smelly, to start if you change them over for a few days). For some dogs... it's just not right! I happen to disagree with those that think all k9s should eat raw. But mine are not excited by canned or kibble. Maybe because I fed them raw from day 1. But if they had an issue (upset tummy, hives, bloating, etc, with it I would certainly change their meals by the next day.

Tyson could still walk away from boiled chicken but roasted....not likely.... raw, not a hope there would be a slither left! Bones & all.

What's his allergy? Jess has many grass, seed & plant allergies. I am always on the look out for rogue plant & weeds on my property.
What do you feed Reuben! Whats his preference?
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31921

PostSubject: Re: Jessies birthday treat.   Sun 15 Feb 2015, 8:24 pm

He's allergic to dust mites, kibble mites, beef and a host of other none food products and can only eat wheat and gluten free food which makes treats a nightmare. Most treats have some kind of grain or beef in them and tough treats especially. I bought some bones that are like rawhide bug made from chicken but these did not agree with him and he vomited it back.

He is now on k9 Kibble which is wheat, gluten and grain free and meat in trays of the same brand or sometimes Wainwrights grain free.
Thankfully Belle can eat anything but I keep her on the same as Reuben in case they eat each other's food

Back to top Go down
tracyp
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Jessies birthday treat.   Sun 15 Feb 2015, 9:17 pm

Crikey.... thats a tall order for you.
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 23449

PostSubject: Re: Jessies birthday treat.   Mon 16 Feb 2015, 7:24 am

Same here Jo, both my boys are fed wheat n gluten free. I also avoid dairy products and Rocco is allergic to egg.

Burgess sensitive food biscuits and wet pouch food has stopped the issues they were having xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jessies birthday treat.   

Back to top Go down

Jessies birthday treat.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1