Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

Weepy eyes again

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
StaffySel
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 6585

PostSubject: Weepy eyes again   Sun 15 Feb 2015, 11:48 am

Yesterday and today Enzo's eyes look weepy again.

The only thing I think has caused it is a pedigree denta flex I bought him. It's quite big so I've been giving him a bit at a time for a week.
He always has denta stix too but I bought co op own make as they were cheaper so this might be causing his bad eyes too

So I'm going to have to chuck them and see if it clears.

The problem is, I need some treats to give him as he's in a routine and expects his training time in the evenings when I give him treats. I'm going to try using 'real' food instead like banana carrots peanut butter.
Is there anything else I can give him?

Last edited by StaffySel on Sun 15 Feb 2015, 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
StaffySel
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 6585

PostSubject: Re: Weepy eyes again   Sun 15 Feb 2015, 11:53 am

The culprits!

Back to top Go down
tracyp
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 872

PostSubject: Re: Weepy eyes again   Sun 15 Feb 2015, 1:12 pm

I wouldnt chuck them yet. Just corner them for now. Whats the ingredients? I wouldn't think they would cause weepy eyes.

I brought denta sticks (prob the same item as you, but by a different name/pack) but mostly i do home made treats.

Its so easy.... 1 hr & you have 2wks of no preservatives, no additive, treats.

Recipe.... whatever you want to add in them will work! Liver, kidney, chicken... no matter..adapt to what Enzo fancies.

unsifted flour, 3 cups...., 2-3 eggs depending on how big a batch... & a fork or whisk for the lumps...it needs to be a bread dough consistency? Bit of milk, a heap of crisp bacon, some grated cheese or parmesan, whatever you have &..... 24 tons of parsley for minty fresh breath!  Roll the dough out on flour & cut them in any shape or size you like, lay them on a tray & brush with egg on top.

Cook for 15 mins at 180c or untill golden brown, I do longer as.... mine like them "crunchy"! Its a cheap treat I often give on holidays to other family doggies, or doggie friends.

Never met one that doesn't like them.... but I do put a ton of cheese & bacon in them & they only last two weeks in an air tight container.
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31921

PostSubject: Re: Weepy eyes again   Sun 15 Feb 2015, 8:06 pm

I would make a list of the ingredients and when you try him on something else make a note of the ingredients in that also so you can start a process of elimination. I had to do this for month when trying to narrow down Reuben's allergies

you could always make your own. Liver cake always goes down well here

Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 23449

PostSubject: Re: Weepy eyes again   Mon 16 Feb 2015, 7:23 am

It maybe the treats, there are a few gluten free treats if you Google I also like to give the boys those natural veggie hedgehogs, toothbrushes n sticks they are gluten free too.

I think tripe sticks are mainly GF too xx
Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 1679

PostSubject: Re: Weepy eyes again   Mon 16 Feb 2015, 3:37 pm

I think i have said before wileys eyes went weepy on arden grange chicken kibble , i just have a pick and mix from PAH for training treats , or jason just uses wileys kibble as training treats
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weepy eyes again   

Back to top Go down

Weepy eyes again
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1