Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

Little Jess is staying the night.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
tracyp
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 872

PostSubject: Little Jess is staying the night.   Thu 26 Feb 2015, 10:10 am

My elderly neighbour (he'll shoot me for saying that!  lol!  He's 80 yrs young.) John, a few doors down, she's a Chihuahua x mini Daushhound/foxie? don't really know? That he rescued. My kitten is longer than little jess, the pic makes her look bigger than she actually is. Shes a 1 hand dog. He is her 4th or 5th? but forever owner. He just loves loves her to pieces. Loads of Love  He lost his little katie (a tiny maltese, only 1/2 the size she should have been) last yr. He was devistated! She was a top dog & i am not a maltese fan. Katie went pig hunting with him, out on the boat, loved to go on the 4 wheeler! She was an amazing little dog of 14yrs.

Anyway... he found little jess. Removed from one house due to neglect & abuse, ...returned to the shelter by another couple of owners as she has separation anxiety in a large dose now! Her entire life revolves around trying to please & not have her owner leave her.

She is a lovely little dog & John brings her here to play with mine or come on our walks. It's so funny... mine just love her, she goes off full of little dog syndrome & mine couldn't give a rats bum. Tonight my kitten is chasing her around the house. They are both having a ball while my dogs are lazing about. ha ha

Trying to get her anxiety sorted, john gave her to me to take overnight. This is the 2nd overnight stay for her.

Its too dark for a pic now but here she is on her last sleep over.

Tyson, Jess & little Jess. group hug

I once again promised to bring her back by 10am but... I just might steal her till 11am. lol!

Look at her little feet!  Loads of Love Her head is the size of my dogs mouth & yet it seems her lungs are 4xs the size!
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31893

PostSubject: Re: Little Jess is staying the night.   Thu 26 Feb 2015, 6:56 pm

Sounds like she has fell on her feet with your neighbour. She is a cute little girl, my first thought from the side was possibly Corgi?

She certainly looks at home with your two

Back to top Go down
StaffySel
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 6585

PostSubject: Re: Little Jess is staying the night.   Thu 26 Feb 2015, 8:45 pm

I thought Corgi too.

Lovely pic

Back to top Go down
tracyp
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Little Jess is staying the night.   Thu 26 Feb 2015, 11:02 pm

Yeah, she hit the jackpot when John found her. She is about 9? now from what we can gather. Shes will have everything she could need & cuddles to boot.  Loads of Love  I dont think theres any corgi in her? She is far too small. Her feet posture & long chihuahua type body make me think mini Daushhound.

She has played with the chooks, been chased by my kitten, snuggled up with tyson & slept at the foot of our bed all night. She has run in the yard this morn, had breaky & now.... I think she is missing her daddy so I'm off in a min to walk her home.

I know John will be missing her too.
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Little Jess is staying the night.   Fri 27 Feb 2015, 6:09 am

Aww sounds like she has had a fab sleepover spinner smile

Back to top Go down
janandruby44
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 11929

PostSubject: Re: Little Jess is staying the night.   Fri 27 Feb 2015, 11:47 am

Aw bless her what a sweetie x
Back to top Go down
tracyp
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Little Jess is staying the night.   Fri 27 Feb 2015, 1:01 pm

Yes she is a sweetie, but she is also trouble with both attitude & volume, ROFL  but considering all she has been through....she had a ball last night... she will be snuggled up with John now but... I am actually missing her in the house.
Back to top Go down
janandruby44
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 11929

PostSubject: Re: Little Jess is staying the night.   Fri 27 Feb 2015, 3:58 pm

What is it with little dogs spinner smile
Back to top Go down
tracyp
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Little Jess is staying the night.   Sat 28 Feb 2015, 2:09 pm

I don't know? I prefer & have always had large dogs. Tyson is my smallest dog to date. But I know, smalll stature dose not mean small personality.  

I trully want her back, but I don't think he will let me keep her.

She will visit again. group hug

I'm just useless. Once a puppy is here overnight, it means you live here. blow kiss
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Little Jess is staying the night.   Sat 28 Feb 2015, 3:42 pm

You could always get a new addition to keep Jess and Tyson on their toes whistle

Back to top Go down
tracyp
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Little Jess is staying the night.   Sat 28 Feb 2015, 10:30 pm

I'd love to! Loads of Love

I looked into it wanting another so Tyson would be ok when jess goes but... here, you cannot have more than two dogs without an expensive permit you have to pay for every year.

I know you guys can have as many as you want but it is not like that in Australia. (Farms/rural properties excluded) We are allowed 2 dogs, 2 cats & 5 fowl. Any more & you have to get an inspection from the RSPCA to be deemed a fit owner & then pay a yearly permit.
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Little Jess is staying the night.   Sat 28 Feb 2015, 10:52 pm

That's not such a bad thing, shame they don't control things better in the UK

I'd be buggared if they restricted the number of fish tanks

Back to top Go down
Sandi
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 15687

PostSubject: Re: Little Jess is staying the night.   Sun 01 Mar 2015, 10:38 am

Jess is a cutie.

My friend decided to do doggie day sitting and although she has a detached house and nice garden she decided to register with the local council so that she did not get complaints. She now pays a fortune for a licence to do it even if she only has one dog every so often and they inspect her home on a regular drop in basis.

Back to top Go down
tracyp
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Little Jess is staying the night.   Sun 01 Mar 2015, 11:46 am

It's good in the respect you can't just take in dogs you cant care for... some people don't provide all they need, they don't even walk there dogs so, they do need room to run but....it sucks that I took mine to training,/agility, walk them twice a day (well only Tyson now, jess can't do 2 walks) & I'd have to pay $150 a yr to have a 3rd dog ontop of the normal fees.

Sandi, that's a council just raising funds gone crazy.
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Little Jess is staying the night.   Sun 01 Mar 2015, 3:34 pm

To be honest they would struggle to enforce it and only responsible dog owners would pay, pretty much the same if they brought back dog licensing

Back to top Go down
tracyp
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Little Jess is staying the night.   Sun 01 Mar 2015, 10:17 pm

What fees do you guys pay to have dogs?

We pay $45 for each dog or cat registration. To have more than 2 dogs, 2 cats or 5 fowl we have the $150 annual permit + another $45 for any other dog or cat.
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Little Jess is staying the night.   Mon 02 Mar 2015, 1:23 pm

We dont pay anything Tracy and there are no restrictions as far as I am aware in private housing. I think there are restrictions if you rent your property from the local council but Im not sure what they are and if it depends on the size of the house? I doubt the coucil ever enforce it unless there are issues at a property.

I have two dogs, a cat, a parrot and the fish and if I wanted to have 4 dogs then I could do so and the only time was if there was an issue, ie a neighbour complained about noise etc but even then I think they have to prove it.

I pay for Dog insurance and I also pay for the healthy pet scheme at my local vets but thats all I pay out other than food etc

Back to top Go down
tracyp
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Little Jess is staying the night.   Mon 02 Mar 2015, 1:36 pm

Wow! That's a big difference between the 2 countries! We can only have 4 dogs if the property is classed as rural before a permit is needed. Bar a station, that has no limits. But thats a massive property, 1000s of acres. You cant just have any amount of dogs you want here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Little Jess is staying the night.   

Back to top Go down

Little Jess is staying the night.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1