Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

What an arvo...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
tracyp
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 872

PostSubject: What an arvo...   Sun 01 Mar 2015, 2:11 pm

2 amstaffs turned up at my front door, a dog fight between my two, them & a security door.

I ran out....  stray dogs on the loose...(stupid me) but caught them both in my neighbours yard....the male was a ? Staff x rottie colour. The female was staff red. But both were big! !!! My neighbour came out....get a lead to hold him, he was strong. My OH came bolting out, he'd been asleep. It was kaos, i got the male but, he was strong. Con took the male as I took the female. Another neighbour heard, saw, & came with a collar.

It all calmed down but its Sunday,  I need to keep them overnight before I can get them scanned. Call the ranger they all said, noooo,  the pound is a bad idea, I cant get them out if I go there!, Better the vet to scan them.

I took them to my front door. How will they go for the night? OMG! They are anti social.
I got bitten by accident on my knee. 2 snake fang k9 bruises.  It was not an intentional bite. But they aint sleeping in our house tonight. Its going to be the yard once I lock up my chooks.

I Don't want to call the ranger..... we had leads on both, with us securing them, & both the people from next door & across the park, where they had distroyed things on their property...
A car was going too fast, then stopped Hey...they're my dogs.. wait!  He did a sharp turn, the dogs were over the moon to see him, his wife & his tiny 5?yr daughter. I think she needs a deslobber bath now. group hug
Though they were lovely dogs, brother & sister he said... they were not socialized.

But, I was so happy they got home safe.

Funniest thing in the world.... i had one (the male as we found out later),&  con called the other...saying,  "come baby, come, come, come"  she ran to him.  He grabbed her.....

Their names are buster & baby!

He said they were american staffies.  I have a different name for them.
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31921

PostSubject: Re: What an arvo...   Sun 01 Mar 2015, 3:31 pm

Booming heck what a scary afternoon, hope your wounds are OK?

Glad to see them back with their owners, lets hope they keep better control of them

Back to top Go down
tracyp
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: What an arvo...   Mon 02 Mar 2015, 12:24 am

Freaked me out. Its the next day & I'm still shaking my head at myself. If they weren't pit bulls, I'm a monkeys uncle! & I had both in headlocks at once till my neighbours & con arrived with leads.
Feel free to call me an idiot! A completely stupid thing to do...
I just didn't think. It could have gone so wrong, so quickly. I just saw dogs that were someones babies that didnt like other dogs. If that makes sense?

Though they were very anti social with other dogs, they were actually lovely dogs.

I would hope someone grabbed mine if they got out. I was about to walk up & down the street with them, hoping the owners would be looking for them & see me. group hug
It seems the dog owners rent their house & the landlord has not repaired the old fence so they broke through it. Well, rented or not..... I'd fix the fence to keep my dogs safe & secure.

But, end of the day.... I was as pleased they got back to their owner as I would have been if I'd lost, then found mine.

& now I know they are ok with people, not dogs, I know their names & exactly where they live.
Back to top Go down
tracyp
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: What an arvo...   Mon 02 Mar 2015, 1:11 am

I'm fine Jo, just a few bruises & a confused mind. ta

Pits are illegal here now unless you owned them before the law change. You cannot buy nor chip a pit now. He said they were chipped but... I don't know? They were only about 4? May be on the cusp?

While I would not report anyone for pits (unless for a damn good reason, I quite like them when trained by a responsible owner) or be the reason anyone had their beloved dog taken away...(they were so beautiful with his little girl) I do wonder....

What if they escape again? They were backing each other! What if it's a child with it's puppy instead of me? An elderly person? I really worry what could have happened. I'm an adult, I chose to step into the situation.... but across the road is a park, a kids playground/dog park.....
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: What an arvo...   Mon 02 Mar 2015, 1:20 pm

Im with you, I would secure the fence rented or not. Lets hope they learn from it, if not and you see them loose again you will have no option to report them.

I would probably have grabbed them too, its just instinct especially for dog owners and you worry about the what ifs afterwards.

I had an incident some time ago whilst out walking Reuben, two off lead staffies saw us and came charging at us despite the owner screaming at them to come back. They completely ignored the owner and I knew this would not end well.
I picked Reuben up and hoisted him above my chest and protected him between me and a fence we were walking past. I had my back to the dogs and they were jumping up trying to grab his legs.
When the owners finally caught up with them one of the dogs turned and bit the owner!
Thankfully I never saw them again, whether they kept the dog after it bit them I dont know

In hindsight I should not have picked Reubs up but I knew at that time they would kill him if they both started on him so put myself in between them, at the time I'll be honest I never considered them biting or atttacking me as my focus was to protect my boy. Now if that had been an old lady with a little dog that would have ended a lot worse

Back to top Go down
tracyp
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: What an arvo...   Mon 02 Mar 2015, 2:44 pm

Yeah, it's kind of, act now, think later.

I'm a 3 strike gal. I'd take them back if I found them tomorrow but after that, no, I'd actually call the ranger.

it bit his owner! Crikey!

In hindsight.... thank god you did pick Reub's up! Jesus! No way could I pick up Tyson! How the hell did you do that? Did they bite either of you? What did the owners say when they caught up?
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 23449

PostSubject: Re: What an arvo...   Mon 02 Mar 2015, 7:08 pm

Holy cow so pleased you're ok.

It really shakes you to the core when dogs fight.

Just hope the dogs will be ok too.

I would definitely get some sturdy fencing put up babes xx
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: What an arvo...   Mon 02 Mar 2015, 8:06 pm

tracyp wrote:

it bit his owner! Crikey!

In hindsight.... thank god you did pick Reub's up! Jesus! No way could I pick up Tyson! How the hell did you do that? Did they bite either of you? What did the owners say when they caught up?

No they never bit me, they were more interested in getting Reubs. To be honest the owners did not say much, once they managed to get them on lead I left quickly as they were still trying to deal with the woman being bitten

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What an arvo...   

Back to top Go down

What an arvo...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Staffiezone :: Dog Chat, Help and Advice :: General or Random Staffie, Bullie and Dog Chat-
Jump to: