Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

can they really do this

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 1679

PostSubject: can they really do this   Sat 21 Mar 2015, 12:59 pm

Just seen a post on a fb group im a member of , where two staffies have killed a cat in there own enclosed garden , they have now had a letter from the housing association saying either rehome the dogs or the dogs have to be pts , can they really do this , i mean come on the cat went into the dogs garden , tbh this is my worst nightmare as wiley is a swine when it comes to cats and he would kill one if he got it in our garden , im rather upset at reading this as the cat trespassed into a dogs terrortory
Back to top Go down
tracyp
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 872

PostSubject: Re: can they really do this   Sat 21 Mar 2015, 1:13 pm

Well... I don't know if our laws are the same? But here, if a dog kills another animal (domestic pet) it can be classed as "a dangerous" animal. Here you would have to post signs & a dog would be legally forced to wear a red & white striped collar.  2nd strike would /could be fatal here for the offender unless the 1st attack was on a human. Then it would be ...."game over". But the cats owner here would also be charged with failing to secure a pet.
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31921

PostSubject: Re: can they really do this   Sat 21 Mar 2015, 5:07 pm

I'm suprised if they can do that, however I would imagine the housing association can kick them out as unsuitable tenants and maybe that's what they have threatened
A dog can be classed as dangerously out of control if it injures another animal so I'm not sure what the process would be in those situations

Last edited by Staffylover on Sat 21 Mar 2015, 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: can they really do this   Sat 21 Mar 2015, 5:10 pm

Im very supprised Jo , i would of thought in the first instance they would require the dog to be muzzled at all times outside , but like you say council or housing association could have there own rules and if you dont obey them , then i guess you could be looking for somwhere else to live
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 23449

PostSubject: Re: can they really do this   Sun 22 Mar 2015, 8:35 am

Gosh that's extreme, have they ever been cautioned before.

Deepest sympathy to the family of the cat :(
Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: can they really do this   Wed 25 Mar 2015, 11:31 am

suziet wrote:
Gosh that's extreme, have they ever been cautioned before.

Deepest sympathy to the family of the cat :(

I dont think so suzie , the dogs are neautered aswell , and our freindly to humans and other dogs but they just dont like cats abit like wiley , she said they always cheack the garden to see if theres any cats in , but this time she said it must of hid them jumped out and the dog got it , very unfortunate but imho these things happen and its not really the dogs fault nor the owners really in your own garden , fair enough if the dog had escaped and got into the cats garden , but i still think been PTS is extreme as its nature for alot of dogs to go for cats
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: can they really do this   Wed 25 Mar 2015, 6:30 pm

I have a cat but also understand dogs do chase cats. Belle does chase my neighbours cats and I honestly don't know what she would do if she got hold of one, she has fought ith my cat and won't back down

Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: can they really do this   Wed 25 Mar 2015, 6:35 pm

I had a cat once that used to front up to my mates Staffie and she was a dog chasin Staffie , he was a sod and used to literally stand at my front gate with the attitude come on then lol , but if he strayed into a dogs garden I wouldn't be wantin someone's dog pts
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: can they really do this   Wed 25 Mar 2015, 6:41 pm

In my case I would be likely to get complaints about my cat! He has balls of steel which I assume is from being a stray for how ever many years he was

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: can they really do this   

Back to top Go down

can they really do this
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Staffiezone :: Dog Chat, Help and Advice :: General or Random Staffie, Bullie and Dog Chat-
Jump to: