Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

I've got the enemy in my house.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
tracyp
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 872

PostSubject: I've got the enemy in my house.   Tue 24 Mar 2015, 1:10 pm

My sis in law rang... she's broken both her wrist& forearm this morn. She's a mess!  Hospital today & surgery, plates & pins on thurs. 6 wks of therapy expected till she can even hold a pen or cup. (She is a RDNS) she is not happy nor loving the hospital...

She asked, (after I told her off for not ringing me hrs earlier)... can I take her 2 poodles. She's a mess. I said yes.  She can't walk, groom, wash, etc them. They need care.

They are  rescue dogs, a breeding pair, neither trained & they are 9 &7 yrs. They HATE  cats & chooks (of which I have both) so... "shizen" I had 3 hrs notice... they are here now!

To avoid arguments, the silkie cant be with the browns, the cat can't be with her dogs,  the silkie can't meet the poodles, & if the poodles try it on with mine.....  not a good outcome!

Twill be musical animals for a few days here to come.
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31921

PostSubject: Re: I've got the enemy in my house.   Tue 24 Mar 2015, 8:58 pm

My god, I don't envy you having to do this for six weeks. Hopefully the time will pass quickly without any incidents

Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 23449

PostSubject: Re: I've got the enemy in my house.   Wed 25 Mar 2015, 6:46 am

bless you for being so sweet.

Think you may need a holiday after this xxx

Plenty of pics required please, have fun :)
Back to top Go down
tracyp
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: I've got the enemy in my house.   Wed 25 Mar 2015, 11:26 am

Staffylover wrote:
My god, I don't envy you having to do this for six weeks. Hopefully the time will pass quickly without any incidents

It's supposed to be for 5 days but.. I think it will be longer by a mile.... I dont think she can cope if I send them home, she'll only have one hand.
Back to top Go down
tracyp
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: I've got the enemy in my house.   Wed 25 Mar 2015, 11:30 am

suziet wrote:
bless you for being so sweet.

Think you may need a holiday after this xxx

Plenty of pics required please, have fun :)

I need a holi after 1 day. They are not trained, social, etc.

I need to learn the word NO!

Here they are with her on the last visit. I will get new ones if I can. I woke this morn feeling sh1t, with no voice. Bad timing but... chook killing, cat attacking & dog fights are here, at my door now.

Last edited by tracyp on Wed 25 Mar 2015, 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tracyp
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: I've got the enemy in my house.   Wed 25 Mar 2015, 11:34 am

Staffylover wrote:

"Paris"  (the white one) had a snap at Tyson this arvo. Jess stepped in, put her back in her place, real quick! Before I could get there. She hasn't tried it again, yet! Most dogs back down permanently when Jessup steps in.

It is going to be a trying few days. Don't know what I'll do if she cant take them back?
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: I've got the enemy in my house.   Wed 25 Mar 2015, 6:28 pm

You need to out your own pets first hun, if need be she will have to kennel them for a couple of weeks or get someone in to walk and feed them

Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 23449

PostSubject: Re: I've got the enemy in my house.   Thu 26 Mar 2015, 7:18 am

I agree with Jo if it's taking its toll then it's unfair to bring unbalance into the home and the tension could cause a fight.

How were they today xx
Back to top Go down
tracyp
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: I've got the enemy in my house.   Thu 26 Mar 2015, 12:11 pm

I agree guys but... there is no one else that can take them. (Her mum is an old lady, a farm girl... dogs do not come in a house! Her other brother, dosent "do animals", her friends won't take them.

As its not a work injury she wont get paid to be able to pay the kennel she took them to before.

Elvis had a snap at Tyson today as Elvis was has having a cuddle with me, Tyson hopped up to cuddle to & Elvis snapped at him. I grabbed his snout & as I have a voice again.... yelled at him. Put him on the floor & refused to even look at him for 15 mins. A more sorry dog I've not seen in awhile.

I think they are both realizing, rules here are different to home & they have to behave.

I really have to just deal with it. My sis in law knows they are only welcome for visits of a few hrs, not days, but this was a circumstance outside everyones control. I don't work so, I can monitor all interactions between poodles, cat & chooks. Just the dogs I have to watch. We will manage. I just need to be alert as to where (cat, chooks, dogs..) are at any moment, when, & who is about to get snooty.
Back to top Go down
tracyp
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: I've got the enemy in my house.   Thu 26 Mar 2015, 2:30 pm

Staffylover wrote:
You need to out your own pets first hun, if need be she will have to kennel them for a couple of weeks or get someone in to walk and feed them

You know.... I don't think we have walkers here? I suppose we do? but I have never heard nor met anyone that has ever used them.  Hmmmmm. I trully don't know?
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: I've got the enemy in my house.   Thu 26 Mar 2015, 7:31 pm

Maybe it's something you could look into or even start up? Could you visit your sister and walk her dogs and feed them but leave them there?
If not I just hope the six weeks passes quickly xx

Back to top Go down
tracyp
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: I've got the enemy in my house.   Fri 27 Mar 2015, 12:32 pm

She is actually in a pretty bad way. My OH.. her bro, picked her up from hospital... she is staying here as well as the dogs now. Lucky I cant breath, stop coughing, watering eyes, sneezing, etc.... I do need something else to look after!

Don't get me wrong, I love her to bits but...its all been really bad timing. Id do most anything for her. She can't do much of anything at the moment but I am so afraid I'll give her my germs! She didnt want to stay at her mums as she would fuss like crazy & drive her mad. I GET THAT! But, I feel like crap & she has not stopped talking all day!
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: I've got the enemy in my house.   Fri 27 Mar 2015, 9:48 pm

Poor you! Hope you feel better soon

Back to top Go down
Sandi
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 15687

PostSubject: Re: I've got the enemy in my house.   Sun 29 Mar 2015, 11:00 am

Gawd you sound like you are going through it. I hope things settle down, but as people have said you have to look after your own first and also get yourself better otherwise you won't cope.

Back to top Go down
tracyp
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: I've got the enemy in my house.   Sun 29 Mar 2015, 1:35 pm

It's been a sh1t fight!  We got the dogs 5 days ago? I got sick 4days ago. My sis in law landed 2 days ago, I was annoyed at my Oh for bringing her over. ( I cant breath
, my energy was -10!.... he took her home at noon today. Then another friend dropped in this arvo for a 3 hr catch up, after everyone left. (I love them all but)..... I need silence & sleep soon till the flu leaves me.

I sat in the lounge with my dogs in pure silence. They crashed from the frantic week, my cat cuddling my heart beat. I sat enjoying the sounds of silence & tranquility.
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: I've got the enemy in my house.   Sun 29 Mar 2015, 2:13 pm

Make the most of it hun x

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I've got the enemy in my house.   

Back to top Go down

I've got the enemy in my house.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1