Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

is my mums neighbour in deep doo doo

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 1679

PostSubject: is my mums neighbour in deep doo doo   Wed 27 May 2015, 10:38 am

Hi

My mums neighbours staffy cross attacked a postman yesterday grabbed him by the arm from what i can gather , door was ajar and he went runnin out , will he the owner be in deep doo doo with the new laws ? the dog had never bit a human before but hes well known in the area for been DA and has attacked a few dogs , hes now muzzled him but its abit late i think , they were goin to have him pts but then they didnt want to devastste there little girl that loves him
Back to top Go down
tracyp
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 872

PostSubject: Re: is my mums neighbour in deep doo doo   Wed 27 May 2015, 2:00 pm

Ohhhh, thats bad. But I dont think they will have to put him down from one bite. I dont know your laws or changes to them but here, one bite may make the owner follow strict rules. 2 or 3 bites is a different story.
Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: is my mums neighbour in deep doo doo   Wed 27 May 2015, 2:06 pm

weve just had new laws come in where if a dog attacks on its own property the owner can get up to 5 years in prison , before they got away with it if it was on there own turf , but i guess the 5 years would be at the extreme end of the scale
Back to top Go down
tracyp
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: is my mums neighbour in deep doo doo   Wed 27 May 2015, 2:20 pm

Wow! Here, we must have "safe access" to our front door. Beyond that....your problem. One bite could be a fine. Second, you would have to display " red & white dangerous dog" signs. Keep the dog muzzled in public etc. 3rd, well.. the dog would be taken unless you could show training records & a valid reason the dog defended the property or house.

A dog out the front here is legally an unrestrained animal, a $500 fine. More if it bites as the owner is also liable for any hospital or vet costs incured.
Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: is my mums neighbour in deep doo doo   Wed 27 May 2015, 2:30 pm

im abit concerned here because the dog had flew through the front door its not really defending , probebly have more on the owners side if it was contained in a yard and it bit , love your aviator by the way :)
Back to top Go down
tracyp
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: is my mums neighbour in deep doo doo   Wed 27 May 2015, 3:09 pm

I would say, the dog perseved a threat to it's territory, be it a true or false one. Do you guys not have to provide safe access to your front door? Here we all (mostly for dog owners anyway) have security doors. We can open our door to talk to anyone but the dogs cant run out.

Thanks on the avatar. Nice to know it's showing up ok after all the trouble.
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31892

PostSubject: Re: is my mums neighbour in deep doo doo   Wed 27 May 2015, 7:34 pm

Security doors are not required in the UK. Has the postman reported the incident?

Back to top Go down
tracyp
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: is my mums neighbour in deep doo doo   Thu 28 May 2015, 3:45 am

Security doors are not a legal requirement here either but, we just all have them both for our dogs & personal security.

I know mine get p1ssed off if anyone comes to my door they don't know. (Many a door to door salesman has stepped away from my door in fear, as I laughed on the inside) Those they do know are greated by crazy barking, tails a wagging till they nearly drop off, excitement..... get in here! Hello!

I couldn't do without my security door. It was the 1st thing I put in when I bought the house.
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: is my mums neighbour in deep doo doo   Thu 28 May 2015, 6:22 am

My friend has one as her boy is dog and people aggressive so he has to be kept away from the door

Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: is my mums neighbour in deep doo doo   Thu 28 May 2015, 6:26 am

I got this from the government website

Out of control
Your dog is considered dangerously out of control if it:

injures someone
makes someone worried that it might injure them
A court could also decide that your dog is dangerously out of control if:

it injures someone’s animal
the owner of the animal thinks they could be injured if they tried to stop your dog attacking their animal
A farmer is allowed to kill your dog if it’s worrying their livestock.

Penalties
You can get an unlimited fine or be sent to prison for up to 6 months (or both) if your dog is dangerously out of control. You may not be allowed to own a dog in the future and your dog may be destroyed.

If you let your dog injure someone you can be sent to prison for up to 5 years or fined (or both). If you deliberately use your dog to injure someone you could be charged with ‘malicious wounding’.

If you allow your dog to kill someone you can be sent to prison for up to 14 years or get an unlimited fine (or both).

If you allow your dog to injure a guide dog you can be sent to prison for up to 3 years or fined (or both).

Back to top Go down
tracyp
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: is my mums neighbour in deep doo doo   Thu 28 May 2015, 7:27 am

Well, ( that's very interesting to read.) it's quite similar to here. Thus why we employ security doors.
Here, if you come onto my property (safe, front door access to all excluded) if mine bite you.... Neither they nor I am at fault due to both " BEWARE...dogs on property" signs & trespass laws.

I know mine would go off if they felt someone was intruding into their space or I was in danger. Mine are lovely, gentle souls but.....raise a hand or fist.....not quite so lovely when any aggression is shown.
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: is my mums neighbour in deep doo doo   Thu 28 May 2015, 7:46 pm

If you display beware of the dog signs in the UK you are advertising you have an aggressive dog. It is recommended that you have dogs running free or dogs loose as a sign

My signs is dogs running free which is on my side gate which is the access to my back garden. I don't need one at the front as I have my front door and then a porch door, the dogs are secured behind the front door all the time

Back to top Go down
tracyp
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: is my mums neighbour in deep doo doo   Fri 29 May 2015, 4:28 am

That's also interesting.
I have signs both next to my secured roller door near my front door & on my side fence, the only really accessible climb over access to my property.

Here, "Beware, dogs on property" means nothing more than to tell people there are dogs on the property.  We do also have both " Dangerous dog" & "Guard dog" signs.

"Guard dog" warns that the dog is trained to protect the property. Generally a "car yard" etc. Sometimes on a house. Don't enter unless the dog knows you.

"Dangerous dog" warns to be aware, this dog will bite, BUT... if the sign is in red & white..... it means a dog has attacked before & the owner has been put on notice by the council. A red & white sign also tells you that the dog must wear a red & white striped collar in public to tell everyone it is unfriendly & be muzzled in public at all times. If the rules are broken, the dog will be taken & euthanized.

I have never once here seen a " dogs running loose" sign. Because we have to provide safe access to our front door by law, that would make me think that dogs were loose, having access to the front of the property.

It's very interesting how it varies between countries.
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: is my mums neighbour in deep doo doo   Fri 29 May 2015, 6:19 am

It is indeed Tracy

Have you heard anything else Mandy?

Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: is my mums neighbour in deep doo doo   Fri 29 May 2015, 5:38 pm

Right mum has just rang , ive been asking her daily if shes heard anything and she hasnt cause shes not seen the bloke , but shes just noticed a sight on the lampost to there culdisac saying all mail in this street has been halted and you have to collect from sorting office , so my guess is theres now goin to be an investagation
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: is my mums neighbour in deep doo doo   Fri 29 May 2015, 11:17 pm

Oh dear, not good

Back to top Go down
tracyp
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: is my mums neighbour in deep doo doo   Sat 30 May 2015, 4:42 am

Oh oh! That's not good at all!
Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: is my mums neighbour in deep doo doo   Mon 01 Jun 2015, 12:12 pm

The dog has just been siezed , and he was trying to bite the police albiet he had a muzzle on , i dont think this is goin to end well
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: is my mums neighbour in deep doo doo   Mon 01 Jun 2015, 8:44 pm

Oh dear, I would say not. He is unlikely to pass any tests if he was aggressive with them. So sad

Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: is my mums neighbour in deep doo doo   Mon 01 Jun 2015, 8:51 pm

He looks type aswell :(
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: is my mums neighbour in deep doo doo   Mon 01 Jun 2015, 8:58 pm

It will all go off the measurements then if he deems type the fact he has attacked does not bode well :-(

Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: is my mums neighbour in deep doo doo   Mon 01 Jun 2015, 9:25 pm

according to one of the other neighbours who was out in the street today when he was siezed was telling my mum its not the first time hes bit , he nibbled another delivery persons fingers a few months ago but it wasnt reported according to this lady , as it was one of then nips and his hand was snatched back quick like you said happened to you JO
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: is my mums neighbour in deep doo doo   Mon 01 Jun 2015, 9:30 pm

Jack my last boy used to snatch the post as it was delivered and chew it up so we invested in a cage over the letter box

Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: is my mums neighbour in deep doo doo   Mon 01 Jun 2015, 9:37 pm

Staffylover wrote:
Jack my last boy used to snatch the post as it was delivered and chew it up so we invested in a cage over the letter box

i will be getting one of those when i get a job , as altho i dont think wiley would , i would rather feel safe knowing he cant nip anyones finger on a daily basis if i wasnt here
Back to top Go down
tracyp
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: is my mums neighbour in deep doo doo   Tue 02 Jun 2015, 5:23 pm

Oh dear! This doesn't look good at all. (Fingers crossed.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: is my mums neighbour in deep doo doo   

Back to top Go down

is my mums neighbour in deep doo doo
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next