Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

Hello, I've got shit news.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Toni
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 5585

PostSubject: Hello, I've got shit news.   Sat 30 May 2015, 3:33 pm

As a few of you know from Facebook, I sadly lost Stella a couple of days ago. Heart broken, devastated etc doesn't come close to how I feel. I feel sick all the time and a complete fuckin failure.

She had closed pyometra, and I know it's my fault cos I should of had her neutered, especially when there was never any intention of breeding. I hate myself.

Just thought I'd let u guys know. I will make an effort to be on here more often, ive had loads of shit this last year or so, but this has topped it all. I will explain more but at the minute I'm struggling, I need to get my head round it.

RIP my girl, will love you and miss you forever.

Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 23449

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I've got shit news.   Sat 30 May 2015, 6:44 pm

Awwwwwww Tonight sweetie it is not your fault and please never think that. I've not had the boys neutered and won't breed from them it's simply personal choice.
Hind sight is such a wonderful thing but sadly us humans don't posses it.

You have always loved Stella unconditionally and we and you know if you had any incline or idea you would have moved heaven and earth to get Stella well.

I am sorry to read such devastating news I can feel your pain.

You will have the most beautiful memories, I know you just want your baby back but try to take comfort knowing you had the pleasure of owning and loving Stella.

Run free at rainbow bridge Stella.

The rain is your kisses
The wind your wages tail 
The sun your beautiful Staffie smile 

Hugs hugs hugs xxx
Back to top Go down
Toni
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 5585

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I've got shit news.   Sat 30 May 2015, 8:49 pm

Thanks suzie! X

Just having another go at writing a bit more.

On Wednesday Stella was fine, then about 2pm she went quiet and was sick and had the runs, I thought, oh she's eaten something. Thinking she'd be ok Thursday. I got up at 7, went if the room and she'd not moved and my throw had some mess on, I carried her to the garden and she collapsed in front of me, my heart sank. I took her straight up to the vets who said, yes it's pyometra, but we'll get her sorted and she might be back home tonight. I wasn't happy but relieved. I signed for her to go for scan, when the head vet came back to see me. Theyd had 3 vets check her, and all said she's so far gone, they could operate, but none of them thought she'd survive it. She was critical, and her body was full of toxins. Her temp was 44c.

The discharge that was on my sofa was her womb leaking out and the sickness was more toxins.

I was in a state, a absolute wreck, the manager came and took me to a spare room they had. We sat and had a long chat, and she bought Stella back to me, I gave her a cuddle and told her how much I loved her and I was sorry for not seeing how poorly she was.even the manager was crying. And held her whilst she fell to sleep for good. It was the worse day of my life so far.

This sounds really bad, but seeing her go to sleep, was a, I don't know, a relief/nice - you know what I mean. I was glad she wasn't hurting, I'd rather me hurt like I am forever, than her hurt a minute more.

The way I feel right now, I'll never have another dog. I'm glad I have buddy, I'm putting all my time in to him. And it's helping a little, or is til I bump in to people who ask about Stella, either where she is, or sorry, if they've heard. I take myself to the fields where I can have a good cry and avoid people.
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31921

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I've got shit news.   Sat 30 May 2015, 11:00 pm

Hi Toni

I was so sorry to hear about Stella, she was such a happy beautiful girl who had a lovely life with you and your family.

Please try not to blame yourself, staffies are very good at hiding when they are unwell.

Big hugs to your and your family. RIP smiling Stella xxx

Back to top Go down
Alliecass
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 6762

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I've got shit news.   Sun 31 May 2015, 3:59 pm

so sorry to hear this, sending big hugs to you all .

RIP stella xxxx
Back to top Go down
tracyp
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 872

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I've got shit news.   Sun 31 May 2015, 4:06 pm

What a gorgeous girl!

Pyometra normally shows in dogs around 5-6 yrs of age. It strikes very quickly. There is no way this is your fault or could have seen it coming.

My deepest, most heart felt hugs go to you. This is not your fault!

She was a gorgeous girl... my heart feels your pain...please do not blame yourself. When I lost my prior dogs, all I could think was, "what could I have done differently?  What didnt I do?" It's life, you WILL love again as you loved Stella. Give youself time...if its only a couple of days, I would feel exactly as you do. group hug

I feel sure you would have done anything for her so its not because of you. Just think of the wonderful life & fun you had with her, how much fun she had with you, the beautiful years you shared together....

XXXXXX. All my thoughts & hugs to you and your family at this very hard time.

I also swore I'd never have another dog when I had to put Boris (one of my rotties) down. But, after I grieved, I realised I couldn't live my life without a dog or two in my life.
I have had 2 more since & they have bought so much joy to my life, sharing with them.

Give yourself time to let her go & deal with what has happened.  group hug

R.I.P. Stella. Run with my bubs at the bridge.
Back to top Go down
Sandi
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 15687

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I've got shit news.   Sun 31 May 2015, 6:48 pm

Easy to say, but don't be so hard on yourself. There is nothing you could have done other that what you have.

The worst part of owning a pet is having to say goodbye and it never gets any easier no matter how many times you do it. The best owner knows when the time is right to stop anymore hurt or suffering.

You are a great dog owner and you have nothing to kick yourself about, so please stop. Look and remember the times you all had together.

Love and hugs to you all and Buddy xxx

Back to top Go down
Jakethedog
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Male
Number of posts : 3741

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I've got shit news.   Sun 31 May 2015, 9:22 pm

toni my heart go's out to you :( don't blame yourself for this as its not your fault, if there was no signs there was nothing you could do for stella , such a shame & believe me I really do feel for you at this very sad time

RIP Stella
Back to top Go down
stepys1
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 2364

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I've got shit news.   Sun 31 May 2015, 9:28 pm

group hug such sad news but please don't blaime yourself. I think it's quite natural for us to think could we have/should we have. Thinking of you xx

R.I.P beautiful xx
Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 1679

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I've got shit news.   Mon 01 Jun 2015, 12:21 pm

Such sad news , and dont blame yourself
Back to top Go down
tracyp
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I've got shit news.   Tue 02 Jun 2015, 5:28 pm

Are you ok Toni? I know, a stupid question.... I know you're not, none of us would be, but know that we all feel your pain. group hug
Most, if not all, have lost. We get it. We are here if you feel like yelling, screaming, or just a shoulder at the right time. group hug

My vet sent me this when I lost my rottie Boris, (aka Boofa. The most gentle, loving, kissing soul). Though it tore my heart out at the time & I only type this with the utmost respect for a dog & its human love, ... I actually appreciate the thought, memory & feeling in it. I pray you find the peace within it.

There is a place called rainbow ridge... a place where we go after life, a beautiful place. Rolling fields, fresh water streams, food on demand. Others to play with. The sun warms our tummies as we roll & talk with our tummies to the sky. There are warm beds & we all snuggle up to sleep. There are so many balls, toys...

There is only one thing missing.....you!

One day, she sees something in the distance... alert... she looks.... runs to it....

It's you! She jumps into your arms, kisses abound! You roll on the grass... she has found you!

Once again you are together.

R.I.P. Stella. One day, you will see mum. Till then.... run free & play babe. Loads of Love
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 23449

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I've got shit news.   Tue 02 Jun 2015, 7:01 pm

Awwwwwww Toni your 2nd post had me crying too.

I can't imagine how you must feel right now sweetie, just hope you keep popping on here xx
Back to top Go down
xclairex1
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 6615

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I've got shit news.   Mon 29 Jun 2015, 10:02 pm

Toni I'm so sorry to see this sad news , I really do hope you're ok xxx

Back to top Go down
tracyp
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I've got shit news.   Tue 30 Jun 2015, 3:58 pm

Toni? Are you ok? group hug
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31921

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I've got shit news.   Tue 30 Jun 2015, 10:23 pm

How's Buddy doing Toni?

Back to top Go down
StaffySel
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 6585

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I've got shit news.   Thu 02 Jul 2015, 9:11 pm

I'm so sorry to read this Toni, in tears reading your post!  

She was a beautiful girl and you gave her the best life.

RIP Stella xx

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I've got shit news.   

Back to top Go down

Hello, I've got shit news.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1