Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

Naughty boy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31921

PostSubject: Naughty boy   Sun 14 Jun 2015, 4:01 pm

First he tries to turn on the DVD player

Then the you view box

Then the 'who me' look when I called him

Back to top Go down
tracyp
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 872

PostSubject: Re: Naughty boy   Sun 14 Jun 2015, 5:00 pm

He's beautiful Jo. What's his name? How does he get on with the dogs?
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Naughty boy   Sun 14 Jun 2015, 5:55 pm

His name is Marley, Reuben used to tease him all the time until he got bitten on the chin. Belle has yet to learn
When he is out in the house I put the dogs upstairs with my son and the cat stays in the conservatory

He is very destructive hence why I sat in the floor near him, he would be chewing the cables the minute you turn your back

Back to top Go down
Wendy
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 2001

PostSubject: Re: Naughty boy   Sun 14 Jun 2015, 7:02 pm

Omg Jo ... Marley is gorgeous ... I'm sooo jealous !!!
Back to top Go down
tracyp
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Naughty boy   Mon 15 Jun 2015, 4:54 pm

Lovely name! Suits him.

I had a parrot (a lorrikeet, but only half Marleys size.) He taught the rotties respect at only a few months of age. They loved him & used to ride on one oftheir back around the house.

How old is he? He looks young.  But I know they don't have long tail feathers. Is he an african grey? We can't own then without a special wildlife permit here.

You should post more of Marley... he is really beautiful.
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Naughty boy   Mon 15 Jun 2015, 9:30 pm

He was named after Marley in Marley and me as he was so naughty when he came here.

It's a long story but we bought him privately a five years ago from someone who had supposedly bred him in their aviary, however he was very aggressive for the first 18 months and refused to let me go near him and used to draw blood if I want in his cage so we asked parrot rescue for some help

Turns out when they got here they established he was wild caught and from the details on his ring he had been imported via Belgium. So we have absolutely no idea how old he is

His previous owner had him in an empty cage in the utility room so all he could say were the dogs names and he could mimic muffled conversations which is what he could hear in the office next door.
He refuses to be picked up but does love a fuss and a stroke but he will not step up on my hand. However we still love him to bits

Back to top Go down
Wendy
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 2001

PostSubject: Re: Naughty boy   Mon 15 Jun 2015, 10:25 pm

He sounds great company . And he is absolutely gorgeous, I love him!
My sister had 2 parrots a number of years ago, one of them bit me, hurt like hell .
Nearest I've got is a cockatiel called Jaws (called Jaws for a reason lol) but would love a parrot xxx
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Naughty boy   Mon 15 Jun 2015, 10:39 pm

I'd wanted a parrot for years but as we had the iguana (barney) at the time I agreed to wait until a time he was no longer with us and I had to satisfy myself with fussing the parrots when we used to go to the pet shop for vitamins and supplements for barney
Barney had a good life and was with us 16 years before he passed away and we decided against another reptile so I was able to buy Marley spinner smile

Back to top Go down
tracyp
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Naughty boy   Wed 17 Jun 2015, 4:46 pm

Parrots do not forget bad experiences.  An empty cage in a room is NOT suitable for a bird with a thinking mind.

We ( were I worked) took in two cockatoos & two galahs yrs ago now. All were rescuse, all kept locked up & starved for mental stimulation.  The galahs, about marleys size never recovered & were given to a wildlife sanctuary along with one cockatoo to fly free in a huge avery. ( I'm talking a 100 ft long, 50ft high enclosure, massive!). We kept one cocky... "Joey"  We had him for so many yrs but.... I assume? His previous owner was both cruel to him & had a beard as no matter what we did, tried or trained him to do, any man with a beard needed to stay back. Joey would be the most loving cocky till a man with a beard stood near him! Then......he took chunks of flesh out in delight! With us gals.... he loved a scratch, tickly, hug, etc.

I am a HUGE bird lover but I hate birds kept in cages if they don't have "free time" everyday. Even for a budgie.

So glad Marley plays outside his home.

P.s. if he's being destructive.... mix citronella & water in a spray bottle. Spray it anywhere you can, not to damage electronic items. He will HATE the smell.

Post him often! He is just gorgeous.

Phew! I love parrots sooo much, I couldn't stop typing! Sorry!
Back to top Go down
Sandi
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 15687

PostSubject: Re: Naughty boy   Sat 20 Jun 2015, 6:47 pm

Aww my favourite Marley the MacDonalds theme tune whistler xxx

Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support