Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

Chloe, my girl...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
tracyp
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 872

PostSubject: Chloe, my girl...   Tue 23 Jun 2015, 1:03 am

My baby Chloe is not well. She has not walked for 3 days. Every few hours or so I need to carry her to the water for a drink. She has eaten some grain but no where near enough. Her legs are rigid & her feathers are fluffed up. She is warm & comfortable but I thought this morn she'd be gone. She is still battling on but....

cry2
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31845

PostSubject: Re: Chloe, my girl...   Tue 23 Jun 2015, 6:28 am

Awww poor girl, is she old?

Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 23371

PostSubject: Re: Chloe, my girl...   Tue 23 Jun 2015, 7:54 am

Awwwww honey sending hugs and positive thoughts xx
Back to top Go down
tracyp
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Chloe, my girl...   Wed 24 Jun 2015, 5:50 am

I had 5. 3 isa browns, 2 silkies. The isa's were battery hens I rescued.  I dont know how old they were when I got them. Certainly not pullets, definitely older than that. I've had them 6-7yrs? So they are getting on. I lost Cindy (white silkie) due to a 45+c heat wave, & Meg awhile ago for no apparent reason bar age, so now it's just Chloe, Alice & my silkie "sooty".

Thanks guys. group hug
I'm just out of steam... today "little Jess" goes home so hopefully? All will return to normal & Chloe will improve but, I'm not holding much hope for her. God, how I wish I am wrong.
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Chloe, my girl...   Wed 24 Jun 2015, 6:24 am

Fingers crossed she's just a bit under the weather and soon perks up fingers crossed

Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support

Female

PostSubject: Re: Chloe, my girl...   Wed 24 Jun 2015, 7:05 am

Sending positive thoughts xx
Back to top Go down
tracyp
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Chloe, my girl...   Thu 25 Jun 2015, 4:50 pm

Unfortunately, I dont come with good news.
Con went to give Chloe water this morn, she drank alittle, had a few seeds, then passed away very suddenly.

I remembered a vet once said to a friend of mine whos dog passed away.... (sorry if this sounds harsh. I find it quite....? Insightful?

Never stop or exclude an animal being there in the final moments or allowing it to both see & smell death. They DO understand & cope far better if they know why another pet is no longer there.

I have never allowed any of mine to say good bye to a passed pet before. They were just gone. But I did allow & actually incouraged them to see her & say good bye today.

They both smelt her, nuzzled her. Its hard to explain in text but, they both knew she was gone, as did my other chook Alice. She hopped in the hutch to sit with her as the dogs went flat & sat with their heads by her.

I'm sorry if this sounds awful written, because it wasn't.  It was trully beautiful to see mine just "being" with Chloe. There was true love for her.

Jess was alittle flat all day. Tyson....he was an emotional car wreck. Alice, she was wandering around, then just went into the coup. She did not eat dinner tonight.

I have to say.....
though they all, & Con & I have a bad day, I am actually pleased they all realized what had happened to Chloe. I will never not let mine know again.

R.I.P. Chloe. I know we shouldn't have favorites..... but you were my favorite chook! Sweet dreams baby.
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Chloe, my girl...   Thu 25 Jun 2015, 8:48 pm

So sorry to hear this, RIP Chloe

Give everyone else additional cuddles tonight group hug

Back to top Go down
tracyp
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Chloe, my girl...   Fri 26 Jun 2015, 1:14 pm

I trully believe,  letting everyone see, smell, nuzzle, sit with her was the best thing. That vet was spot on!

Alice is still alittle aloof,  disoriented,  looking for her. The dogs went looking for her this morn, ( they always come to the pen & sniff them.) then just sat by the coup door. .. Waiting... They got it. She's not here.

They know she's gone, sullen, but, habit is strong, they waited for all to get up. Then licked Alice. It was trully a sign of support.

We went for a walk then they both wanted to go in the yard. Both sniffed & nuzzled Alice' bottom in the air & sat by her.

I really can't explain it well. But they were both seaking out Alice to sit by her. The vet was dead on. It wasn't easy but it was right. The animals understood, we did what was needed.
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Chloe, my girl...   Fri 26 Jun 2015, 9:20 pm

the vet was spot on as you said, hopefully animals can move on more quickly than we can after a loss

Back to top Go down
tracyp
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Chloe, my girl...   Sat 27 Jun 2015, 9:33 am

When we buried her, I took the dogs inside till we buried her. We placed a huge log on the ground to ensure neither dog nor the chooks, could dig her up. I found them both sitting there today with Sooty. Alice was in the chook pen at the gate. She couldn't get to them but was as close as she could be.

How did they know where we had buried her bar scent?
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Chloe, my girl...   Sat 27 Jun 2015, 10:53 am

No idea, they've probably investigated something different in the garden and can now smell her

Back to top Go down
Wendy
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 2001

PostSubject: Re: Chloe, my girl...   Sat 27 Jun 2015, 5:21 pm

A www, so sorry for your loss Tracy group hug RIP Chloe xx

Letting your other pets say goodbye sounds just beautiful Tracy, brought a tear to my eye group hug xx

Back to top Go down
tracyp
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Chloe, my girl...   Sun 28 Jun 2015, 2:29 pm

You're right Jo. A doggie nose knows.

Wendy, letting them all say good bye is the best thing I've ever done.  If not the hardest for me. It hurt watching them but I think they (the animals) are far better off. They knew she was gone &  have not looked for her today.
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support

Female

PostSubject: Re: Chloe, my girl...   Sun 28 Jun 2015, 2:41 pm

Awwwwww I'm really sad to read your post.

RIP Chloe xxxxxx
Back to top Go down
tracyp
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Chloe, my girl...   Fri 03 Jul 2015, 8:03 am

Thanks guys. I still expect her to come a running. To peck at my glass back door or stare at me from the kitchen window sill.

Yrs ago she was sick, thin, she didn't have the energy to find food & let the others push her out of the grain so I bought her inside, fed her meal worms to bulk her up. It worked & ever after, if the door was open she would run in the house on a "search" missing for meal worms. She thought they just lived on my tiles! omg Chloe! Out! Or.... wheres Chloe? She'll be in the house, the doors open... eating the dog dry..... ha ha

Chloeeeeee!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chloe, my girl...   

Back to top Go down

Chloe, my girl...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1