Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

Hi all

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
StaffySel
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 6585

PostSubject: Hi all   Fri 04 Dec 2015, 8:07 pm

Just been catching up on all your posts. Haven't been on for a while.

Took Enzo to the vets yesterday as he had been sick and there was blood in it. His sickness has been on and off with no sign of what's causing it. He is now on JWB lamb and vegetables instead of Lamb and Rice. (I wanted to see if the rice is what's causing his weepy eyes) He is fed 4 times a day and this seems to have helped but I don't know what caused him to be sick again the last 3 days. As soon as blood was present I rang the vets.

The vet wants to try him on anti acid tablets again for 6 weeks before any expensive and invasive tests are done. I have to take a wee sample in and we are back in a week for a check up.

I was concerned he had something lodged in his tummy but the vet said this would have caused a blockage and he wouldn't be able to keep anything down.

The blood he said would be from small blood vessels in his tummy being irritated and inflamed.

So we will see how he goes. Fingers crossed it stops as I don't like the sound of scans and cameras in his tummy etc.

In himself he is absolutely fine, still full of beans and eating and drinking well.

Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31831

PostSubject: Re: Hi all   Fri 04 Dec 2015, 8:11 pm

This has been going on for a while now hasn't it. I hope the tablets work and if not that you can get to the bottom of the issue.

Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 1679

PostSubject: Re: Hi all   Sat 05 Dec 2015, 11:05 am

Wiley is exactly like this but has always been like this , but he suffers colitus , i move him onto chappie as soon as he has an attack , then slowly back onto normal food after about a week of chappie , wiley also gets weepy eyes from too much chicken based food
Back to top Go down
StaffySel
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 6585

PostSubject: Re: Hi all   Sat 05 Dec 2015, 5:53 pm

How often do you feed him, do you have to spread it out throughout the day like I do?
Is Chappie wet food?
At least you know how to control it

Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 1679

PostSubject: Re: Hi all   Sat 05 Dec 2015, 6:27 pm

Yes Sel if he doesnt eat his breakfast his tummy will gurgle , then he will throw up like bile foamy stuff , so i have to put wet meat on his kibble or i use sardines alot thats just to get him to eat it as if its just kibble and he is feeling abit off he wont eat it and that just makes it worse , i only feed him twice aday tho

At teatime  he gets his kibble and half a tin of tinned pal its not the best food but again it encourages him to eat up . if we end up with sickness  or the runs that usually end up with blood in ,  i go straight onto wet tinned chappie untill its cleared ,and i also use slippery elm bark that can be bought off ebay its known for settling tummies and works a treat with wiley , you add water and make a grule  then i gradually introduce kibble to the chappie , then gradually introduce his pal again , still using the slippery elm aswell untill hes 100 percent better , all very slow as he will get upset tummies at the slightest thing , sometimes it will be months before we have a flair up others it can be only weeks

i have to watch my kids like a halk for feeding him , he isnt allowed any human food , only dog treats and dog food , i might give him one chip or something sometimes , but nothing more as it will set him off

When it first flared up id only had him 8 weeks , and i rushed off to the vet who diagonosed colitus , if i went to the vets as often as he gets it it really would cost a bomb , i personally think this could be the reason wileys had so many homes , but it really is easy to control with wiley

ive tried loads of different foods , ive tried raw feeding and it all upsets him more , so now i stick with pal and barking heads kibble and that seems to be the best , but wiley is a scavenger hence alot of flair ups always eating things he shouldnt on walks
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 23353

PostSubject: Re: Hi all   Sun 06 Dec 2015, 4:19 pm

Awwwwww what a worry our poochies are, I hope you find out why and what is making Enzo sick xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi all   

Back to top Go down

Hi all
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Staffiezone :: Dog Chat, Help and Advice :: General or Random Staffie, Bullie and Dog Chat-
Jump to: