Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

tynes progress at classes

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kirstie
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 1603

PostSubject: tynes progress at classes   Fri 19 Mar 2010, 8:47 pm

well just got back from week 3 training classes. had a really good session tonight. i got tyne to sit/stay then sit/stay/lie/stay. really impressed and did recall and also had a small group of dogs meet in the centre of the room and then tyne was asked to get a little closer and he was interested in them but didnt bark/growl or whinge!!!! so impressed. also we had to do the lead thing again and this time i walked paralelle to another dog and only had to check tyne a couple of times and that wasnt with the dog near us it was a couple sitting at the side of the hall. i never thought it would be possible!!! even linda the trainer is really pleased with him she told me how great his progress is, especally with the lie stay exercise.
i'd been practising the lie/stay command with him earlier today and when linda asked us to do the sit/stay tyne of course thought i'll lie down aswell was so funny bless him.
so in 3 weeks we've gone from being pulled when walking to walking lovely.
being worried as soon as i see a dog as tyne would kick off to being able to keep calm and keep control
getting him to sit and stay and being able to walk away from him sitting
getting him to lie down, before he refused stubbornly lol
and mainly being in a room with other dogs without him barking and growling and also whinging
im so proud of him

bounce
Back to top Go down
Sandi
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 15687

PostSubject: Re: tynes progress at classes   Sat 20 Mar 2010, 12:11 am

Wow excellent well done to you both!
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 19490

PostSubject: Re: tynes progress at classes   Sat 20 Mar 2010, 7:48 am

cheerleader goooooooooo Tyne goooooooo Tyne cheerleader

well done both of you , Kirstie you must be so proud of both Tyne and yourself hun xxxxxxxxxxx
Back to top Go down
Angel
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 7814

PostSubject: Re: tynes progress at classes   Sat 20 Mar 2010, 8:12 am

wow that is fantasic kirtie it seems after all that heart ache he rally need to know who you were to him and have a purpose in life which he now has

really chuffed he,s coming on so well its like hearing about a totally new dog big(((((((((( hugs )))))))))))) you have done wonders with him and worked so hard and put up with so much from him well done to persevering many would have given up a long time ago your a real credit just form your words he sounds so much happier too :))) xxx
Back to top Go down
kirstie
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: tynes progress at classes   Sat 20 Mar 2010, 5:32 pm

its like having a different dog however we still have the agression issues with him but not as often now and thats why linda our class trainer got her dog 2 walk near us to try n work with that. its really amazing the changes ive seen in 3 weeks n ive been working harder than i am now for the past 10 month and saw hardly anything lol he has been really sleepy last nyt and 2day lol guess using his head must hurt lol!
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 19490

PostSubject: Re: tynes progress at classes   Sat 20 Mar 2010, 6:14 pm

he is being mentally stimulated and thats possibly what he needed you are doing really well hun and if there was anyone i would name as a good responsible owner at this moment in time i would name you xx
Back to top Go down
kirstie
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: tynes progress at classes   Sat 20 Mar 2010, 6:20 pm

awww thanks jo that means alot !! it's been a rocky road so far and ive been ready in the past to give up on him but the last 3 weeks have proved to me that a, he can listen and b, he can do things i ask him lol its the best ever thing i did was enrol him in the classes and yes we may have started from basics and may not seem much 2 some people but it has made such a difference to both him and me. i dont panick so much when we see other dogs now and our home is more peaceful. yes he has his moments with rocky but that in a way is to be expected they are both male and both have their bits but also i think with demi being out of heat has helped the situation aswell. at the min rocky n tyne are on the dog bed playing they are so funny to watch they nip eachother then lick eachother.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: tynes progress at classes   

Back to top Go down

tynes progress at classes
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1