Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

sad news about tyne

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kirstie
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 1603

PostSubject: sad news about tyne   Tue 23 Mar - 15:37

im sorry to let every body know but we had to get tyne put to sleep yesterday. im so gutted its unbelieveable i cant sleep eat and cant stop crying. it all started yesterday when the postman put some letters through the letter box. tyne went nuts and started fighting with rocky they wouldnt seperate for a good 3 - 5 mins. once they did rocky was removed from the room and tyne was put in the front porch he wasnt forced he went in himself but as he went in he turned to bite me and then went to bite my husband it was as if he was possessed. ive tried so hard with him but i just couldnt have that behaviour from him. i was petrified of him i was shaking. he went into his cage and began trying to attack me through it ive never been so scared in my life. i knew deep down i was battling on and just getting nowhere with the agression. before anyone shouts me down for what we did, it wasnt a spur of the moment decision and was carefully thought through. we did it for tyne not for us i just had to stop whatever was tormenting him. i really tried my hardest with him and just didnt have anymore to give. i loved him loads and is such an upsetting thing to do. i rang the vets up about him and they said that it may be best that he be put to rest not just for our safety but other people. i so miss him but he looked so peaceful. i stayed with him through the whole thing and the stress just slowly drained from him he looked so at peace through my tears. we only had him a short time but he will never ever be replaced. rest in peace my little man love you xxxx
Back to top Go down
Eddi and Daisy
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 4187

PostSubject: Re: sad news about tyne   Tue 23 Mar - 16:29

Oh poor you this made me cry reading it you did the best thing for him hun he is running free happy and carefree at rainbow bridge. He obviously had some brain issues and there was nothing you could have done for him.

Don't feel too bad hun and I know that won't be easy right now but you gave him your all plus some.

RIP baby Tyne play free and be happy.

Huge hugs for you and hubby xxx
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 19490

PostSubject: Re: sad news about tyne   Tue 23 Mar - 16:46

its never easy thing to do hun but sometimes its one of them things that we have to do , as Dee has said previously some dogs are a time bomb waiting to go off , you couldnt keep on like that it wasnt fare to Tyne you or the other dogs ,

Run Free over that bridge Tyne xxxxxx
Back to top Go down
kirstie
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: sad news about tyne   Tue 23 Mar - 16:52

thankyou so much but i dont think anything will make me feel any better at the min. i said to gordon we have to remember the good times with him not the bad. i didnt realise how much he means to me till now. we walked up to the vets with him just to spend a little more time with him i kept looking at him and the tears were flowing then. i must have been such a sight but i didnt care. he looked so sweet and innocent bless him. i just hope hes at a better place now and is happy even though we are hurting so much. we are getting his ashes back and we are going to plant a tree or something in the garden and sprinkle him there i just hope and pray i did the right thing for him. our demi is lost without him, shes off her food and looks so sad. ive mailed his previous owners to tell them and they havent replied at all which upsets me even more. i just cant believe hes gone. theres so many reminders around the home toys, collars leads etc, ive even ordered him a new collar which will be coming anytime which no doubt will set me away again. i feel like i let him down in some way that there was something i didnt try but just cant see what.
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: sad news about tyne   Tue 23 Mar - 17:05

the toys and collars hun put away in a draw just for now sounds daft maybe to a non animal lover but i can assure you once you are over today maybe not this week or next but in a few months you will pull that collar out and smile ,
Demi will be ok she is bound to be a little unsettled as something is missing but she will also be picking up on your feelings to she will be fine though just try keep things as normal as possible for her .
when you have his ashes back and have done a special place for him you will feel better yourself ,
you havent let no one down you should be proud of yourself hun as a lot of people would not have given him the chances that you have xxxx
Back to top Go down
Eddi and Daisy
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 4187

PostSubject: Re: sad news about tyne   Tue 23 Mar - 17:09

Don't say that Kirstie you couldn't have done any more for him you worked your ass off trying to help him and sort him out, you must try not to blame yourself you really could not have done more for him.

Put all his stuff into a box and put it away you can take it out another time when you are not so upset, watch Demi carefully dogs can get depressed when they lose a partner (tyne) and they can make themselves ill, give her loads of fuss and attention.

It's the worst thing I feel like I want to give you a big hug and try and make you feel better but like you said think of all the good times you all had with him, he really is at a better place probably looking down on your now with that gorgeous staffie smile saying thanks mum I am so happy now no more anger and no more pain.

Back to top Go down
kirstie
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: sad news about tyne   Tue 23 Mar - 17:31

gordon had to put his cage away i just couldnt face doing that, that was so final to me. i didnt realise how much he had sneeked his way in2 my heart till now. my friend said its just a dog pull urself 2gether lol wish i could but im so soft my dogs r my babies. ive had to knock my photos off as my screen saver as he keeps flashing up with his cheeky face. i must admit he looked so peaceful even though the vet muzzled him jut incase im pleased i was with him and he wasnt on his own with strangers. ive still got to ring linda the trainer and tell her that we wont be there anymore but i just cant do it yet maybe tomorrow i could its still 2 raw and i cant say his name yet without bursting in2 tears. i know it'l get better but how long will it take ive lost pets before and its never affected me as bad as this. eeee it shows how they really are part of the family doesnt it, like you've lost a person not an animal, god bless him
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: sad news about tyne   Tue 23 Mar - 17:41

i think an animal affects you more than a person in some cases hun ,
you will be ok just give yourself time xxx
Back to top Go down
Wendy
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 2001

PostSubject: Re: sad news about tyne   Tue 23 Mar - 17:49

So sorry to hear the sad news, Tyne was a beautiful Staff but obviously had some underlying psycho-logical problems. You did so much for him, but I'm sure he's at peace now and looking down on you & your family. ((((( R.I.P. Sweet Boy - Run Free ))))).

Glitter Graphics

I lost Samson 2.5 years ago due to age & a tumour on his spine, it may sound crazy to non-animal lovers has Jo said but I still have Samson's collar, lead, food bowls, toys, bed, etc to this day and I still can't consider disposing of it, I do not even allow Ollie or Poppy to use or play with Samson's things, Samson was special to me just like Tyne was to you, put his stuff into a box or even a little area where Tyne use to like being maybe with some pics to remember him & the good times.
Back to top Go down
kirstie
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: sad news about tyne   Tue 23 Mar - 19:07

at the min his things are as he left them i cant face moving them yet maybe tomorrow. ive got his bowl to wash anyway. i never part with any animals things when they leave me some family say i cant let go and others say im strange lol
ive just had his old owners on the phone they called me a murderer and they hoped i was pleased with myself before hanging up on me im devistated i felt bad enough before this. i bet i did more than they did and i gave him love and happyness the best i could yes he had to share me but still. how dare they?? would they rather he hit the news for attacking sum1 huh
Back to top Go down
Wendy
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 2001

PostSubject: Re: sad news about tyne   Tue 23 Mar - 19:28

OMG Kirstie, that is awful.

You done more for Tyne than they ever did, if it had'nt been for your love & care Tyne would not have been the lovely boy he was. The previous owners were tossing himn out when they no longer wanted him so who the hell are they to judge you.

Unfortunately psycho-logical problems in dogs can be difficult to diagnose, it must have been like a time-bomb going off in his head never knowing when or where it would happen, Tyne was obviously suffering, has hard as it is Kirstie you have done the right thing & the kindest thing, Tyne will not be suffering any longer.

You are not strange for keeping Tynes stuff, losing a dog is like losing one of your family, time is a great healer but you never forget.

God Bless xXx
Back to top Go down
bones
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 781

PostSubject: Re: sad news about tyne   Tue 23 Mar - 19:42

such sad news! hes at peace now though, sometimes allthough it seems the harshest way it is best in the end, my thoughts are with u and your family!!! rip tyne
Back to top Go down
kirstie
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: sad news about tyne   Tue 23 Mar - 19:59

thankyou so much, when they sold him 2 us they asked to keep in touch about him and i did it regularly sending them pics of him etc n thats the way i get treat bythem. i didnt have to tell them did i i mean they got rid of him in the 1st place. when im up to it im going to print off a big photo and frame it and put it up with the other lil buggers lol theres 1 thing i can say and that is i dont regret getting him even though he was hard work and ive got grey hair now probably and he will definatley not be forgotten.
im just pleased that i was able to spend the last 110 month with him and see him grow and fill out. there was me thinking he was 2 thin when he was weighed for the anaesetic he was nearly 3 stone the podge bless him.
Back to top Go down
babypink
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 1830

PostSubject: Re: sad news about tyne   Tue 23 Mar - 20:59

So sorry to hear your news, you did the best thing for him, really honestly. It will be difficult for a while but you got the other little un too........he will be missed, but I bet he loved every minute of it as much as you did
Back to top Go down
kirstie
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: sad news about tyne   Tue 23 Mar - 21:02

i think the worst thing about it is the reason why we had to do it in a way if he'd been ill then we would have prepared ourselves for it but it was so sudden that i think im still in shock i dont think it has sunk in yet xx
Back to top Go down
Angel
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 7814

PostSubject: Re: sad news about tyne   Wed 24 Mar - 8:00

awww (((((((((((hugs )))))))))))) really sorry to hear this hun you tried so hard but you can be assured you did your best and he is in a happier place for him now

R.I..P tyne xxxxx
Back to top Go down
Mandy
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 1802

PostSubject: Re: sad news about tyne   Wed 24 Mar - 9:23

(((((((Kirstie)))))) Its always hard to loose someone you love. We all know how hard you worked with him. Take care of yourself and don't beat yourself up, you did everything you could for him. xx

R.I.P Tyne, xxx
Back to top Go down
kirstie
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: sad news about tyne   Wed 24 Mar - 13:24

thankyou so much it means alot it really does. he was such a character underneath his troubles i thought we were working through them. i still havent heard from his old owners either apart from the abusive phone call i got. i thought that maybe when they calmed down they would ring back and maybe apologise or ask what happened to make us do that. tell you some people dont deserve dogs if they treat them badly then ask some one else to pick up the pieces and when they do their best and the worst happens like with tyne they give you abuse. atleast i can honestly say i loved him and looked after him well and didnt treat him badly at all in fact he was like the king lol bless him. i feel much better today i dont feel like im going to burst into tears all the time so im going to sort his things out and put them away for the time being
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: sad news about tyne   Wed 24 Mar - 13:30

you will feel better each day hun ,
i missed the post on his old owners , to be honest they should be asking themselves why they decided get rid of him and why they havent contactd you before when you have been good enough to keep them updated
take no notice hun you had to do what was best for you and tyne and its easy for them to say something they are not the ones having to deal with the situation and they would not have been the ones being prosecuted if tyne had bitten someone .
Back to top Go down
kirstie
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: sad news about tyne   Wed 24 Mar - 13:33

exactly jo they make me so mad i could strangle them. at 1st i was really upset it took gordon a good 3 hours to calm me down and get me to stop crying. he was going to ring them back but i said no dont bother they not worth it. i say a dogs for life not just a few months like they put in with him. we were dedicated to the little man and did more for him than we ever have for the others. they know where i am if they want to ask questions etc i know i would want to know why it happened and not kick off before i knew. xx
Back to top Go down
nikismum
Getting Comfy
Getting Comfy

Female
Number of posts : 79

PostSubject: Re: sad news about tyne   Wed 24 Mar - 23:15

Sadly you had no option. He's out of his pain now and it's time to heal yourself. You loved him, fed him and gave him a better life than he had ever had. I know time was short but you made the difference.
Chris x
Back to top Go down
kirstie
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: sad news about tyne   Thu 25 Mar - 10:28

you're not going to believe what i found out last night!! i was civilly talkin to his old owner on facebook about it all last night and she asked me such a strange question ....... u didnt by any chance say the word buffalo b4 he went crazy? i said no why this was the reply...........

it was our code word with him when we felt threatened by somebody as soon as we said that he would go for the person in question!!!!!!

bearing in mind he was 9/10 month old when we got him and they never told us this it makes me wonder if they were using him as a weapon bless him no wonder he was so messed up. we dont and never have had a 'word' for our other dogs and also now that i know this were they training him to be a fighting dog? they didnt socalise him and were teaching a puppy to 'go for people' im so angry that they did this to him he was so young and no wonder i was battling a war i was never ever going to win i dont know if its just me but i think they really did start tyne up for the big fall he went through. what do you all think?? maybe im going mad lol but to me this is no way to treat a dog at all xx
Back to top Go down
kirstie
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: sad news about tyne   Thu 25 Mar - 11:03

R.I.P. my little man

Back to top Go down
kirstie
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: sad news about tyne   Thu 25 Mar - 11:04

Back to top Go down
Angel
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 7814

PostSubject: Re: sad news about tyne   Thu 25 Mar - 11:19

beautiful pic ,s of him :)))

and wtf on the old owners why did they not tell you this how bloody dangerous are they you could have been around kids and one came on tele and said oh look theres a buffalo omg that does not bear thinking about one bit !!!!!!

that said yes clearly you fighting a losing battle all thanks to them had you have been told this when you took him on you would have been able to work out the way to back track or decide what to do

BUT hun yes you ultimalty had to make that awful choice not them BUT you gave him love happy times tyne whist yes very messed up lived his last few months spoilt happy cared for by people willing to keep trying it wasnt his fault he flipped or your it was theirs

how different his last few months could have been with them trained to attack by idiots that dont know how to teach a dog to attack on command safely seen this so many times hence why in the rescue we had so many aggressive dogs in big hard owner train them to fight or attack and do it all so so wrong then when one day the owner cant control them we had them in deadly idiots they were not got a clue
in their hands without doubt tyne would have either badly hurt or even killed a child or a dog he would have without doubt have been dragged off what or who ever slammed in a kennel waiting to die because he was a dangerous dog spent his last days shut in away from love from from hope from life pure cruelty

with you he had love care hope freedom the lot he is now in a happier place for him free from the torment they inflicted that changed him for life he now will be a dog again happy carefree

and why is tyne now that dog

BECAUSE KIRSTY YOU MADE HIM THAT DOG YOU GAVE HIM HIS ULTIMATE FREEDOM please dont be sad be proud because you have earnt that right xxxxx

and now im crying for him writing this R.I.P tyne xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: sad news about tyne   

Back to top Go down

sad news about tyne
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next