Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

stimulating games

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 19490

PostSubject: stimulating games   Fri 29 May 2009, 11:29 am

just wanted to see what games you all play with your staffys to keep them stimulated
Buffy has a boomer ball and as soon as hubby fit enough she will have a spring pole . we also play tug and Jas does play fight with her which I have to admint did worry me a bit but Buffy never ever gets rough with any one else and as soon as he says no she stops , just thought id see if i could pince other peoples ideas lol
Back to top Go down
Sandi
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 15687

PostSubject: Re: stimulating games   Fri 29 May 2009, 1:52 pm

We play ball all the time in the garden and play chuck the kong, if it lands on concrete it dives off in another direction which is fun to watch Kassi scrambling around. We play tug and hide and seek, but unlike our other dogs she is not keen on hide and seek as it spooks her looking in dark corners lol.

We also teach tricks and refresh old ones with the clicker.

Kassi stimulates herself by playing ball and chase with the chickens whilst they are in their pen and she is outside - she loves that, looks for frogs, chases butterflies and goes crazy for moths :bball:
Back to top Go down
TaffyStaffy
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Female
Number of posts : 178

PostSubject: Re: stimulating games   Wed 03 Jun 2009, 10:18 pm

Well...... we have found a selection of interactive games for dogs and the one we have got at the moment is called the tornado. It is basically a bone shaped piece of plastic but there are 4 sections to it. when it is closed up it looks like a massive bone but you can twist each of the sections 360degrees so that they expose little trays in which you can hide food or treats. It also comes with little bones that fit into the trays so the dogs have to find it, remove the small bone and then get their treat. I put one or two bits in the bottom layer and tell vegas to 'go fetch' and he pushes it like mad (making that snuffling sound which makes me laugh) until he gets there! Then I try to put some in other bits without him seeing and off we go again. He now knows the sound it makes when I open the cupboard to get out the game. I like to think of it like the dog version of a board game, like monopoly- LOl!
I guess you can recreate this with boxes or plastic tubs (like the ones you get chinese takeaway in) and hide the food for the dogs to find which one they are under.
And then of course there is the paddling pool! I must get some pics!
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 19490

PostSubject: Re: stimulating games   Wed 03 Jun 2009, 11:37 pm

can we have video please :D lol
Back to top Go down
mad max
Addicted Member
Addicted Member