Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

Guarding

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Franks Dad
Getting Comfy
Getting Comfy

Male
Number of posts : 38

PostSubject: Guarding   Sun 13 Jun 2010, 10:14 pm

Do any of your Staffies have guarding instincts? Frank has absolutely none, not even when the doorbell rings or even in the car. The only time I've heard him bark is when you play with him and even that isn't guaranteed.
Back to top Go down
Sandi
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 15687

PostSubject: Re: Guarding   Sun 13 Jun 2010, 10:18 pm

No guarding instincts here.

She runs in the opposite direction when the door goes. The only time she barks is if we put the TV on slow motion, for some reason she hates things moving slow.
Back to top Go down
gilesy41
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Female
Number of posts : 166

PostSubject: Re: Guarding   Sun 13 Jun 2010, 10:20 pm

Yes Molly is an excellent guard dog. Runs to the window when she hears the gate and then to the door barking her head off. She sleeps in our room sometimes and if she hears anything outside at all she will let you know, only trouble is she frightens the life out of ya with her barking. Harley is copying her too lol!
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31845

PostSubject: Re: Guarding   Sun 13 Jun 2010, 10:21 pm

Mine are fantastic guard dogs. Sometimes it can get a bit too much when they are both going mad at the doorbell but I would prefer that than nothing.
My OH used to work in a prison and the inmates used to say that they would avoid houses with dogs as they are too noisy so for that reason I dont mind at all.

Tara (my first staffie) was a fantastic guard dog as well. Jack is the only staffie I have owned who was not great, he only reacted when Chloe did and I am sure half the time he did not know what he was barking at.
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 19490

PostSubject: Re: Guarding   Sun 13 Jun 2010, 10:22 pm

buffy will bark if someone knocks but i guarantee she will wee on whoevers there
and she did sense someone in the back garden a few months back and let us and the rest of the street lol

we had an english bull terrier though a few years ago and she never ever had any guarding sense in fact we had a break in and she slept through it
Back to top Go down
Sandi
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 15687

PostSubject: Re: Guarding   Sun 13 Jun 2010, 10:25 pm

Jo n Buffs wrote:
buffy will bark if someone knocks but i guarantee she will wee on whoevers there

Thats made me spit my coffee over the screen again! ha ha
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 19490

PostSubject: Re: Guarding   Sun 13 Jun 2010, 10:30 pm

sorryyyyyyyyy but its true lolololool
Back to top Go down
Toni
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 5585

PostSubject: Re: Guarding   Mon 14 Jun 2010, 7:31 am

Stel barks at the door, and buddys started copying. He doesnt know what his doing, he never did it before Stel came along.

Both of them have none when out, had a jogger running up behind me, both dogs off lead, he made me jump out my skin and the dogs carried on playing, didnt even look up at the guy lol!
Back to top Go down
Alliecass
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 6762

PostSubject: Re: Guarding   Mon 14 Jun 2010, 8:11 am

Cassie barks if she hears my gate being opened or someone knocks at the door
Back to top Go down
babypink
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 1830

PostSubject: Re: Guarding   Mon 14 Jun 2010, 8:58 am

Georgie didnt but now she does I am sure its to do with her getting older. She practically throws herself at the house door, then if all else fails sticks her head out the cat flap.

If I go to the hand car wash she goes mental at the guys cleaning the car, if she is in the garden she also has a bark too, but I only let her in the garden if I can see her.

Strange though if we are out and about like at Flyball and dogs are going mental and barking she NEVER barks EVER
Back to top Go down
Eddi and Daisy
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 4187

PostSubject: Re: Guarding   Mon 14 Jun 2010, 11:22 am

They say that Staffies will let the burglar in and even help him load up the silver lol, but the minute someone does something to you or one of the family its like a different dog.

They will protect you till the death.
Back to top Go down
xclairex1
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 6615

PostSubject: Re: Guarding   Mon 14 Jun 2010, 3:29 pm

They are both good guard dogs, which i quite like as my boyfriend works shifts aswell so they bark if anyone comes near the door or garden. Diesel used to like barking at any animals on the tv but weve managed to stop that.
Only been at flyball once, he didnt bark but he kept whining.
Back to top Go down
lindauk
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 9711

PostSubject: Re: Guarding   Mon 14 Jun 2010, 7:11 pm

dell doesnt bark or growl but we know when some-one is coming to the door as he gets up. hes so nosy its unbelievable
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guarding   

Back to top Go down

Guarding
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1