Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

Victoria Stillwell

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31921

PostSubject: Victoria Stillwell   Fri 18 Jun 2010, 1:47 pm

There is always lots of debate surrounding Cesar so I wondered what everyone thinks of Victoria's training methods?
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 23449

PostSubject: Re: Victoria Stillwell   Fri 18 Jun 2010, 1:50 pm

Hi

I don't mind Victoria - but in my personal opinion her methods don't seem as effective - her knowledge and ideas seem good don't get me wrong but not sure the end result is always one which fills me with hope - xx

Each to their own but I do prefer Ceasars methods and principals xx
Back to top Go down
xclairex1
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 6615

PostSubject: Re: Victoria Stillwell   Fri 18 Jun 2010, 2:01 pm

Pretty much the same as suzanne, shes good but would rather have caesar millan, he gets the control much more quickly. x
Back to top Go down
Angel
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 7814

PostSubject: Re: Victoria Stillwell   Fri 18 Jun 2010, 2:08 pm

hmmmm from what i,ve seen not a lot give me ceaser any day mainly becuse he actually teaches the owners too not just the dog as 90% of dog problems are the owners fault and cm deals with that first off then the dog vs doesnt form what i ,ve seen
Back to top Go down
wids
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 11372

PostSubject: Re: Victoria Stillwell   Sun 20 Jun 2010, 9:47 pm

not keen on her, prefer Caesar's way too.
Back to top Go down
babypink
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 1830

PostSubject: Re: Victoria Stillwell   Mon 21 Jun 2010, 6:43 am

Caesar for me any day
Back to top Go down
Vix
Getting Comfy
Getting Comfy

Female
Number of posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: Victoria Stillwell   Fri 25 Jun 2010, 3:54 pm

this probably wont come as surprise to most of you lol, but give me VS any day, certainly over CM. I dont think she is the be all and end all, but then i dont think that about any trainer, i prefer to take small pieces from individuals (even CM lol) and create my own structure and training methods :)
what i like about her:
i find VS is completely non confrontational with the dogs, compleyely and utterly BLUNT with the owners (which i LOVE!) and ALWAYS uses positive methods with the dogs, yes she does take a little longer to get the same results as Milan, but i believe the way she trains encourages the dog to think for ITSELF not through fear or physical corrections (and no i dont think ALL physical correction os wrong, just nice to see someone who NEVER uses it) i love the way she is all positive, even negative behaviours are mostly worked through with something positive.
what i dont like:
she can be the messenger of doom at times, but then i think she is just covering her own back, she still errs on the side of the dominance/pack structure theory (yes i believe in pack structure, just dont think WE are included in it) and i actually at time (very rarely i might add) think she is a little too soft with the dogs: i.e stoping dog from stealing food out of childrens hands; dont eat on front on the dog (NONSENSE IMO)

but VS v CM, VS wins hands down :)

my, that was long lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Victoria Stillwell   

Back to top Go down

Victoria Stillwell
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1