Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

2 bitches

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
tracy barry
Silver Forum Member
Silver Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 273

PostSubject: 2 bitches   Wed 15 Sep 2010, 2:09 pm

Hi has anyone got 2 staffie bitches living together. do they get on with each other ?
or have you got pros?

I had 2 bitcher together and they got on well untill the end.

/
Back to top Go down
Toni
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 5585

PostSubject: Re: 2 bitches   Wed 15 Sep 2010, 2:24 pm

I havent but I think 2 bitches can live together ok, as with 2 males.

I do think its made easier USUALLY with neutering them, but as long as they know their place, it can work. I would definitly have another bitch, or dog, depending on what came along when and if I come to look again. spinner smile
Back to top Go down
wids
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 11372

PostSubject: Re: 2 bitches   Wed 15 Sep 2010, 6:26 pm

Got two girls - they get on ok at the moment fingers crossed

but we have had some problems.
Back to top Go down
jakies13
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 7512

PostSubject: Re: 2 bitches   Wed 15 Sep 2010, 6:28 pm

Ive got one of each as i didnt want to run the risk but i know of many people who have 2 bitches and it works for them :)

Back to top Go down
Sandi
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 15687

PostSubject: Re: 2 bitches   Wed 15 Sep 2010, 6:30 pm

Always had bitches together, until I started fostering and adopting, rescues are not keen on same sex dogs.

My lot never had a cross spat with each other at all, they all just got on from pups, youngsters and old age.

Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31850

PostSubject: Re: 2 bitches   Wed 15 Sep 2010, 7:04 pm

I have never had two of the same sex and never would. I prefer one of each an like Alex would not want to take that risk.

Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 19490

PostSubject: Re: 2 bitches   Wed 15 Sep 2010, 7:08 pm

my mum has two shnauzers both bitches and they are brill with each other just not so good with other dogs ,ive allways been oput off having same sex because of people saying they will fight blah blah but i have heard many stories since where they will get on and live happily along side one another
Back to top Go down
Maistaff
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 1075

PostSubject: Re: 2 bitches   Wed 15 Sep 2010, 8:13 pm

I have two males, one 6 and the other 3. Both were entire until about two months or so ago when i had my older boy castrated. To date they get on really well and havn't had any blips - touch wood

I also have a bitch that is 5 (speyed) and have recently bought two litter sister's who at present are 10 weeks. I am not silly i am expecting a few spats along the way but from the day they entered the house rules and regulations have been put in place and already at 10 weeks old they know that play fighting with each other is out of bounds !! Long may it continue
Back to top Go down
macphee
Getting Comfy
Getting Comfy

Male
Number of posts : 35

PostSubject: Re: 2 bitches   Sun 21 Nov 2010, 3:52 am

I have two bitches living in my house 1 is 5yrs and other 10 mths ,they get on most of the time ,but when the young one starts mouthing the other there is plenty of growling and it sounds very nasty this is always followed with me telling them off . i find that such a age gap can be a bad thing but i hope with age this will fade
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 23371

PostSubject: Re: 2 bitches   Sun 21 Nov 2010, 9:07 am

I have 2 entire males living together - yes we had maybe 2/3 spats when they were younger - but like everyone else - there are rules to abide by - however so far so good - I never take risks such as leave as together if I go out and supervise toy and chew chew time xx
Back to top Go down
Cassieloomismyers
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 1159

PostSubject: Re: 2 bitches   Sun 21 Nov 2010, 9:32 am

macphee wrote:
I have two bitches living in my house 1 is 5yrs and other 10 mths ,they get on most of the time ,but when the young one starts mouthing the other there is plenty of growling and it sounds very nasty this is always followed with me telling them off . i find that such a age gap can be a bad thing but i hope with age this will fade

Ours are only 6 months apart and are exactly the same. In fact we are going through a process of stopping them wrestling the second it gets to vocal by shaking a tin of nuts and bolts and It's been hard work but they are playing much more nicely now and the tin is used once a day not 50!
Your avatar pic is gorgeous, such a similar look to our myers who is also 10 months, do you know the pups parents?
Back to top Go down
tracy.barry
Silver Forum Member
Silver Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 293

PostSubject: Re: 2 bitches   Sun 21 Nov 2010, 2:56 pm

Thankyou zoe, i am still looking.I was on a list for a pup, but she only
had 3 pups and i was 4th on the list. xx
Back to top Go down
janandruby44
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 11929

PostSubject: Re: 2 bitches   Sun 21 Nov 2010, 4:58 pm

Never had two bitches together - well only at work
Back to top Go down
Wendy
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 2001

PostSubject: Re: 2 bitches   Sun 21 Nov 2010, 8:09 pm

I know someone who has 2 staff bitches, the youngest as just been speyed, however they have experienced a few blips with the dogs fighting etc but they put that down to hormones as it was within about 2 days of the youngest being speyed.

I had 2 male dogs up until a few years ago, I personally would'nt recommend having 2 males together as they needed to be watched as they would fight every now & then but yet they obviously loved each other as they'd also cuddle up together x
Back to top Go down
xclairex1
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 6615

PostSubject: Re: 2 bitches   Sun 21 Nov 2010, 8:17 pm

Not sure about two girls but as long as they have rules then I don't see any problems.
We have two boys only 9 months apart and have never had any hassle with them.
Back to top Go down
wids
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 11372

PostSubject: Re: 2 bitches   Sun 21 Nov 2010, 8:45 pm

We've got 2 very young bitches and have had some problems but I genuinely believe it was because we got it wrong and didn't lay down the rules firmly enough.

They didn't feel we were in charge so they both decided to try and be the boss.

Not a mistake I would make again. no way
Back to top Go down
Tracie
Getting Comfy
Getting Comfy

Female
Number of posts : 94

PostSubject: Re: 2 bitches   Mon 22 Nov 2010, 1:26 am

Hi,
I had 2 sbt bitches and a sbt cross live together for 15yrs,call me lucky but i can honestly say never had any issues and this was well befor the saying "always seperate when alone".
Mine got on great and the smallest one been was my first who i got when i was 12,then when i left home at 18, i rescued Ty who was a apbt x sbt,note this was way befor DDA,she was just a year old and on her 2nd litter and real abuse case poor girl,then i rescued pepsi who was 16wks and sbt x lab.
Worked well all those years and of course the odd row but nothing serious.
I have now added another rescue to my pack,one been Kia my 3half yr old bitch,
Diva is a OTEB X SBT who we got at 10wks,she is now 26wks.
I did think it would take a while for Kia to accept her as Kia is a speyed bitch and never had pups or been around them.
Totaly adores Diva and is a real mother hen,Kia is defo pack leader of my 3 and they know it.
As Diva matures we will keep a very close eye on dynamics and look for subtle changes etc to just keep them all balanced,Im a firm believer of EXERCISE is the key to a happy pack as walking etc creates a bond between us and the dogs.
A tired dog is a happy dog.
Thats my experience with bitches and i know they are real horror stories of fights breaking out after years of calm etc,just alway observe body language,normally jelousy can start fights and things like toys
bones,food etc.But that also goes for mix sexed houses with any breed,
spinner smile
Back to top Go down
candyrosie
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Female
Number of posts : 190

PostSubject: Re: 2 bitches   Wed 24 Nov 2010, 8:08 pm

i have two bitches and i have had problems but we work through them, just need to keep and eye on it, julie jo and everyone will be here to help. just make sure that one is the boss and the other is under that one this is where we went wrong.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2 bitches   

Back to top Go down

2 bitches
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Staffiezone :: Dog Chat, Help and Advice :: General or Random Staffie, Bullie and Dog Chat :: Training & Behaviour-
Jump to: