Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

Issues with motorbikes

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31917

PostSubject: Issues with motorbikes   Sat 25 Sep 2010, 8:30 pm

Reuben has always hated motorbikes and initially just barked when he heard them, which was fairly regular in summer as my neighbour owns one. I tried to desensitize him to them by walking him around my brothers and his friends. I walked him around them whilst they were stationery and when they had them ticking over and have done this a few times but I dont think it has helped.

He has progressively got worse and now if one passes us when we are walking he goes mad and lunges at the bike!

Any ideas on how you start to tackle this as I have not done very well so far?

Back to top Go down
Cool Breeze's mummy
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 1264

PostSubject: Re: Issues with motorbikes   Sat 25 Sep 2010, 9:22 pm

Hi Jo, as you know I'm no expert lol, but if it were me I'd be trying the distraction method on him, but I'm guessing you've already tried this?

I bet there's a few people on here that have experienced the same thing that will be able to give you some good advice, hope they come along soon x
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31917

PostSubject: Re: Issues with motorbikes   Sat 25 Sep 2010, 9:30 pm

I havent tried that Megan as they are normally there before I get chance to get the treats out. I think it is an option to try, I just have to be quicker

Back to top Go down
Cool Breeze's mummy
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 1264

PostSubject: Re: Issues with motorbikes   Sat 25 Sep 2010, 10:06 pm

We're trying it with Cool Breeze at the moment, she has recently decided she wants to chase the cars going too fast, it's not that many but we don't want her doing it at all (she'd make a great police dog, pretty sure she'd catch up with them lol), we have to keep a treat in our hand all the time as we're relying on us hearing the car from a distance so we can get her to focus on us before it's too late.. makes you have a stinky hand but it seems to work for us lol!
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 23446

PostSubject: Re: Issues with motorbikes   Sun 26 Sep 2010, 8:27 am

Hi Jo

Was also going to suggest a smelly delicious treat too - will have a think on this one and come back with suggestions hopefully xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Issues with motorbikes   

Back to top Go down

Issues with motorbikes
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1