Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

Time clock behaviour

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
StaffySel
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 6585

PostSubject: Time clock behaviour   Thu 28 Oct 2010, 8:28 pm

Not sure if the title makes sense? But was wondering if anyone else's staffie knows when it is certain times.

Enzo knows when it is around 12:00 when my mum takes him for a walk. He will start whining or brings his collar to her.

He knows when everyone is due home from work around 5pm. He is always in the window waiting when I get home.

I think he has learnt what time we go training, 8:20 on a Thursday, as he just started whining for no reason, then we realised the time, but we decided not to go this week.

He is very into his routine. When I get home from work, I get changed and take him straight out for a walk. So if I dont get changed straight away he will act unsettled and whine again (yes he whines alot!!) lol!

Clever little staffie babies spinner smile

Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 23377

PostSubject: Re: Time clock behaviour   Thu 28 Oct 2010, 8:33 pm

They are very clever - every morning no matter time we go to bed - 5.00am the boys lick my face - and every morning I look at the clock it 4.59am - alarm goes off 5am - quite spooky to be honest lol

They definately can tell time xx
Back to top Go down
StaffySel
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 6585

PostSubject: Re: Time clock behaviour   Thu 28 Oct 2010, 8:52 pm

Aww!

I love it, its so interesting. I think they dont ever lose track of time like us humans do, they are alot more aware of what is going on. Yea its quite spooky! :lolol:
Back to top Go down
jakies13
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 7512

PostSubject: Re: Time clock behaviour   Thu 28 Oct 2010, 8:53 pm

my definitely know the times for meals. They will sit there and stare at you at exactly the right time :)

Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31854

PostSubject: Re: Time clock behaviour   Thu 28 Oct 2010, 8:57 pm

They know routine and time. They know once they have had a walk in the morning it is food time and they sit in the kitchen waiting.

Reuben sits in the window waiting for me to come home at night. As soon as I put a particular pair of jeans on they both start running around the house as they know it is walk time, that could be at any time of the day

Back to top Go down
lindauk
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 9711

PostSubject: Re: Time clock behaviour   Thu 28 Oct 2010, 10:53 pm

dell is very into his routine and glares at us if he doesnt get his walk at the right time, even if its pouring down, he cant wait, with his chest crying even though hes not making a noise.
Back to top Go down
Eddi and Daisy
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 4187

PostSubject: Re: Time clock behaviour   Fri 29 Oct 2010, 1:26 pm

My two do for sure, come walk time they are all hyper, they know when its about 5.30/6.00pm as its dinner time, and even though daddy sometimes comes home really late come after dinner time they sit up in the window waiting for daddy to come home.
Back to top Go down
babypink
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 1830

PostSubject: Re: Time clock behaviour   Fri 29 Oct 2010, 3:11 pm

I get up at 5.10am every weekday and georgie knows that and she wont flippin budge the lazy doglet. She waits until I am dressed and go downstairs and I hear her yawn as soon as I go for the middle drawer in the kitchen she comes down (its where her lead and harness are).

We get to the garden gate, she reverses up to let me out and then we go for a random walk (always make it differnet). Get home she lets me through the door first, then reverses up to me to take off her harness then waits whilst I feed her and Jaffa.

I then have my tea and toast in the kitchen so all three of us eating, have to watch them as they nick each others food. Then upstairs I go to get ready for work, she and Jaffa have a play then when it gets out of hand (the noise) I chuck jaffa out and georgie goes back to bed.

When I am ready I turn on the radio and then she goes really quiet as thats the signal for me to leave her. Give her a few gravy bones then leave.

When I get home, she is and isnt at the window, normally she is asleep, then runs to the door when the key goes in the lock.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time clock behaviour   

Back to top Go down

Time clock behaviour
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1