Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

Unable to 'hold it'- b/c of castration?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
joanna

Female
Number of posts : 4

PostSubject: Unable to 'hold it'- b/c of castration?   Wed 01 Dec 2010, 2:13 pm

I have a one-year old Staffie boy that was neutered a couple of weeks ago. Most mornings I find poo and usually wee on the floor of the kitchen where he spends the night. He had been able to go all night until recently. I finally put the two things together, and I'm wondering if it might have something to do with the surgery? There's nothing weird about the poo or anything; just that it's coming out of him while he's inside!!
Back to top Go down
wids
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 11372

PostSubject: Re: Unable to 'hold it'- b/c of castration?   Wed 01 Dec 2010, 2:34 pm

Difficult to say for sure. If he had surgery as recently as 2 weeks ago I think you might be best first of all to ring the vet and ask them in case it is a known problem from the surgery.

Some other things to consider might be

Is he warm at night or is it a bit chillier now because of the current weather
What time do you feed him? This has an effect on his toilet needs.

Has his routine changed recently - they can be so funny about changes.

I haven't has a male dog have this op for 9 years so I'm not up to date with after effects or reaction to the op. But I haven't seen this as a common problem - hopefully some of our members whose dogs have been though the op more recently will be more aware and poss offer some thought on this. spinner smile

Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 23446

PostSubject: Re: Unable to 'hold it'- b/c of castration?   Wed 01 Dec 2010, 2:47 pm

It maybe due to this - I would give your vet a call and ask them if its possible.

As Liz mentioned is maybe due to change in weather - routine - anxious etc.

Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31917

PostSubject: Re: Unable to 'hold it'- b/c of castration?   Wed 01 Dec 2010, 5:17 pm

Did he hold all night when he slept in the cage?

If not then maybe look at not feeding him after 5pm and then taking him out last thing before bed and see if that helps.
He may also need extra bedding if he is a bit cold? if you do buy another cage that may also help him as he wont want to sleep in it.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unable to 'hold it'- b/c of castration?   

Back to top Go down

Unable to 'hold it'- b/c of castration?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1