Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

Chloe

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31854

PostSubject: Chloe   Sat 22 Jan - 19:56

For some time now Chloe will at every opportunity disappear upstairs and get in her bed in our bedroom. I have put a child gate at the bottom of the stairs but despite this she still manages to get upstairs into our room.

When I realise she has gone up I bring her down so that she is in the room with us as I don't like her being upstairs on her own.

My question is should I leave her upstairs if that is where she wants to be? The thing is that if I let her she would stay up there all day and all night and we would never see her and she would never get any stimulation apart from her walks.

Back to top Go down
Angel
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 7814

PostSubject: Re: Chloe   Sat 22 Jan - 20:00

i would leave her hun or at least for a while after she goes up shes getting on now and is probably looking for some quiet time you could get her down after say 2-3 hours for a while
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 23375

PostSubject: Re: Chloe   Sat 22 Jan - 20:05

Hi Jo

I would also leave her to be honest - maybe place a bed on the landing if you're worried about her weeing etc

Diesel always does this and he's 4.5 years old - when he needs time out - he goes upstairs for sleepy time and can stay up there for hours -

I often think about bringing him down - but he is very content and happy up there xxx
Back to top Go down
wids
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 11372

PostSubject: Re: Chloe   Sat 22 Jan - 20:27

I think you have to go with your gut instinct on this one. It can depend on the day, the weather and if the household is loud or busy.

Bailey is 9 1/2 and he does the same. Sometimes I just leave him because he likes his quiet time away from the girls and I do think with him being a bit older he needs some rest and also he always goes upstairs if it's cold outside and he doesn't want to go out in the garden. We do have to enourage him back down sometimes.

But I definately tend to agree with Dee - let her go when she wants to for a while and then encourage her to join in again once she is rested?
Back to top Go down
lindauk
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 9711

PostSubject: Re: Chloe   Sat 22 Jan - 20:59

i would go with your instincts jo
she may want quiet time,being older
she knows what she wants and
i know exactly how she feels x
Back to top Go down
Jakethedog
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Male
Number of posts : 3702

PostSubject: Re: Chloe   Sat 22 Jan - 22:10

id say leave her where ever she seems happiest jo , just go up & say hello every now & then as long as she isnt peeing i really dont see the harm in it
Back to top Go down
xclairex1
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 6615

PostSubject: Re: Chloe   Sat 22 Jan - 22:20

Yes as has been said I agree that you should leave her.

My Diesel does it too, normally at night time just goes off to bed (our bed )

He seems quite happy there and even if he was in the living room he would be in his bed or on the couch sleeping anyway xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chloe   

Back to top Go down

Chloe
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1